Sneaky Sugar

Options
I never realized how much sugar I consume until I joined MFP 3 weeks ago. I have gone over my sugar goal every day except for 1 and I am finding it impossible to stay under it. Even foods that I didn't think would have a lot of sugar. It is so frustrating! I'll be under my goal for calories, fat and carbs but over on sugar. I feel like I'm eating healthy by having fruit but it jacks my sugar way up. I honestly don't even know where it's all coming from.

I'll be honest, I can't sit down and snack on carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. I dislike a lot of veggies. The vegetables I do like are mushroom, tomato (fruit/veggie), spinach, asparagus, corn, peas, green beans. Any suggestions on what I can eat to keep sugar down?

Replies

• raylenel
    raylenel Posts: 41
    Options
    One thing you can do is try to aim for fruit that is lower in sugar content. Just play around with trying different ones in your log and it will show you the carbs in each. Sometimes chosing an apple over a banana, or berries over grapes etc. can help. That's one thing I try to do when my rates are too high for the day. See where I can cut back on the sugar intake and still get the volume.

Hope that helps.
  • gabwas
    gabwas Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You'd have to watch your sodium, but what about some jerky? High in protein, that's for sure.
  • Ctripp86
    Ctripp86 Posts: 45
    Options
    Yeah I'll have to look into the sugar content of the fruits I'm eating. I didn't think of jerky! I love jerky but I was not even considering it because I didn't think it was good for me. I'm going to look into it though. I don't have trouble staying under my sodium so.... Thanks for your help ladies!