Hi!

Options
Hi everyone,
I've been here before but I can never stick to tracking, so I thought I'd try to get involved in the forums this time in hopes that it will help me to stay accountable! I'm a SAHM, 5'8" and 150 lbs, hoping to get back to 135 which is where I was until the last 6 months or so. I swear, I turned 30 and just started putting on weight. My workouts are consistent (I'm obsessed with workout DVDs) but my mindless snacking in the afternoon has taken a toll. Anyone who has similar stats and/or someone looking to lose about 15 pounds feel free to add me as a friend! I'm am motivated to stick with it this time because my clothes don't fit and I'm just not happy with how I look. Looking forward to "meeting" you all through these boards!
Sarah

Replies

• Gatominx
    Gatominx Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'10", 30, and currently 165 looking to get to around 150...maybe 145 like I was 5 years ago but we'll see how it goes! I use to be super athletic playing all kinds of sports, and have recently moved to a place where none of those things exist ( no pool here, no organized sports, etc) and have become totally lazy with poor eating habits to boot. So I'm looking to get back on track too! Feel free to add me :)
  • SanDiegoSarah
    Options
    Hi! Looks like we are in a very similar situation! It's amazing how much harder it is to stay in shape when you get older (like 30 is old.. ha!) It used to be effortless :) I miss those days... I think tracking food really helps curb the mindless snacking. I just need to stay consistent with it, that's the hard part!
  • porksiopao
    porksiopao Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Definitely lots of cool folks in here that can provide help, advice and motivation! Don't lose sight of your goals, and never fear to try something different, you'll be surprised at how the body reacts to new things. What workout DVDs do you use? Sending a friend request your way, we're here to help!
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    Hi Sarah!Welcome to MFP:) Feel free to add me I'll try my best to be as supportive as possible.Keep up the great work!
  • infractusspeculum
    Options
    Ugh, snacking, my one weakness...