Lifting "program" suggestions

Options
Looking for some good suggestions on weight training "workouts"... sources, etc. for good, heavy lifting.... help!

Replies

• debilyn574
    debilyn574 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for new workouts too!
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Get the book... New Rules For Lifting For Women. Excellent resource for beginning weight lifting for women. There is also a group on here... check it out!
  • CoachCWC
    CoachCWC Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend P90X. I even have a 90 day program starting this Monday if you guys want in.

Just friend me on facebook and I will get you in the group.

http://www.facebook.com/chad.w.christian
  • bballchck24
    Options
    Do Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer from bodybuilding.com....12 weeks and you won't bulk up : )
  • cPT_Helice
    cPT_Helice Posts: 403
    Options
    I already wrote on your post but www.bodybuilding.com will give you all the info you need.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    StrongLifts 5x5 is my favorite
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    While DVDs can work for experienced lifters, if you are new to lifting, I would suggest that you start with a class or a trainer so they can make sure you are doing it with the correct form--especially if you are lifting heavy. Good luck!
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Get the book... New Rules For Lifting For Women. Excellent resource for beginning weight lifting for women. There is also a group on here... check it out!

One more vote for New Rules of Lifting for Women! Great program!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Looking for some good suggestions on weight training "workouts"... sources, etc. for good, heavy lifting.... help!

Lots of good suggestions folks! P90 is a fine system but I wouldn't really consider it weight lifting, maybe general physical fitness?

The method I've completely committed myself to is 5/3/1 (2nd edition) by Jim Wendler. New Rules, 5x5, and Jamie Eason are all fine methods too. Find something you like and kick some butt. :)
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    Agree with Stronglifts 5x5 and NROL. Starting Strength is also an excellent program. startingstrength.com has a lot of good articles and videos too. Really, as a beginner, just focus on your compound lifts. There's really no need for isolations at this point.
  • MustangCindy67
    MustangCindy67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks just checked out the sight and I will use it. Simplifies everything. Easier than going shopping for all the necessities....:)