Power 90 and C25k

Options
Wake up call- so today my roommate comes home from work and says, "you are the biggest couch potato I know! " I felt like crap. & still do. I tried starting the c25k program before but it was soooooooooooooooo hard. I mean soooooooooooooooo hard. It may have been my shoes but who am I kidding... I'm so out of shape I got to the second interval of running and quit half way through. I bought a treadmill yesterday. So I'm looking forward to starting this again but actually sticking to it. I need some help getting through this. Maybe someone who is on the first week and is really serious about sticking to the program! Also I finally got my power 90 dvds from my friend and some resistance cords. If anyone is doing both of these together please let me know. I could use all the help! Thanks MFPs <3

Replies

• bertasbelly
    Options
    I am doing both those programs too! I dabbled in P90 last month but fell off the wagon half way through the month. So Yesterday I picked that back up and decided to start C25K while I'm at it too. My rest day is Sunday, I run C25K on M,W,F, P90 during my kids' naps during the week, and try to go to the gym once the boy child is in bed. I'm in "beast mode" as I like to call it where I am 110% committed to diet (not A diet, but just eating right) and exercise because that's the only way I can get the scale to move. I started with just diet on Jan 1st at 220 and now I'm down to 206.2. My goal is to get to 170-180 before I try to have another baby. We'll see. :)

Oh, and find some decent running shoes. I did a trial run for C25K a few weeks ago and because of my shoes ended up with a bunch of blisters. I bought some new shoes and it's SO much better!!
  • aliciakoral
    Options
    Oh wow that's awesome. Just from changing your diet. You are in the same boat as me. I am 220 right now. I I'm hoping my first run of p90 will put me under 200. I'm not on a diet really either. Keeping my calories at 1200 and eating 5 times a day and 3 hours before bed. I just did the first run of the c25k and i did one run better than last time so I'm not complaining. I have the program paused and i am going to do the second half after p90. I know the running program is meant to be done all together but I want to really pace myself.
  • stlbluesangel
    stlbluesangel Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the C25K and have done the 2nd week 3x. It's still rather tough and I'm planning on doing at least 2 more times before I move on to week 3. You don't have to only do 3x each week, do it over & over until you got it good and than move on.
    Congrats on the treadmill! That's what I'm currently using until the weather gets nice enough to move it outside.
    My best piece of advise would be to just do it! Anytime I'm at home and wanting to catch up on a tv program I just tell myself I can walk/jog and watch it. I've even read a book while walking to make the time go by faster as well.
  • KauaiKimberly
    KauaiKimberly Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm W7/D2. I'll be racing turtles when I'm done, but I've started, and quit, the program twice because I couldn't handle it. I burned out too fast, and ended up with knee problems because I was doing the distance. I was repeating weeks, but this time has been different.

I am a bit overweight and the key to my success this time is that I have not increased my speed; I'm simply using the time. I'm not doing this to start competing. I'm doing this to lose weight and become healthy. And I'm sure speed will come with time as I continue to lose the weight. (in the 7-weeks of the C25k I've lost 13-lbs on a 1200/day calorie diet).

I'm doing 3.2-mph in the warm-up and cool-down, and 4-mph in the runs. The program is designed for either time or distance; Thank God. You won't be fooling anyone if you do the time version. When I drop the 40-lbs I'll will be a different race. Or, if I were 40-lbs lighter when I started I would have done the distance. I'm not chicken-sh#t; just realistic. Oh yeah...and I'm 50-years old. The last time I ran I was holding a cassette Walkman.
  • aliciakoral
    Options
    Thinking about week SEVEN is crazy enough. Man, the first day was hard... but not as hard as it was the last ttime i tried this. So I have some faith that tomorrow will be better. I plan on using that treadmill every single day. Tomorrow I might just walk and catch up on Pretty Little Liars. ;p