Good Books?

Options
JoJoDoerr
JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
I have been looking for some suggestions for some good books to read. Any suggestions? What are you reading?

(I normally read a lot of biographies, memoirs, etc. but also recently finished all the Hunger Games books so I am pretty open!)

Replies

• JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Someone?....Anyone?
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I just finished One good dog by Susan Wilson. I really liked it!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I just finished "The Hour I First Believed". It is over 700 pages, so it will keep you busy for a while :D I really enjoyed it.
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about creating a forum like this! I love hearing suggestions on good books! I just started reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks... its really good if you like memoirs
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "The Four Agreements". It is such an incredible book.. I also read "The Happiness Project". These are both a change from what I normally read(fiction!) It is a must read for all!
  • steffihoney
    steffihoney Posts: 392
    Options
    I love to read and enjoy a good book. I don't have any preference as long as it holds my attention and interesting.

Anything by Wally Lamb is good, including The Hour I First Believed and She's Come Undone. And all 3 books by Stieg Larson, which is the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series Very good and dying to see the movie!

I read a lot, including different series with vampires, werewolfs, and the occasional fairy, but being an adult wasn't too thrilled with the Twilight series, but did like the Trueblood series.

Just threw that out there, even if it isn't your genre. lol
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    More the historical fiction genre, but The Kitchen House and Those Who Save Us were both great.
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I love to read and enjoy a good book. I don't have any preference as long as it holds my attention and interesting.

Anything by Wally Lamb is good, including The Hour I First Believed and She's Come Undone. And all 3 books by Stieg Larson, which is the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series Very good and dying to see the movie!

I read a lot, including different series with vampires, werewolfs, and the occasional fairy, but being an adult wasn't too thrilled with the Twilight series, but did like the Trueblood series.

Just threw that out there, even if it isn't your genre. lol

Really? I loved the Twilight Series... I never thought of reading the Trueblood series, I thought it was for younger kids, but maybe I am wrong and ill try it!
  • bskupien
    bskupien Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love Lisa See's books. I definitely would recommend Shanghai Girls and the sequel, Dreams of Joy. Very interesting, compelling, emotional books. I also liked her book Snow Flower and the Secret Fan and am currently reading Peony in Love.

Have you read The Help, Water for Elephants, or Eat, Pray, Love? Tthe books are very good and of course better than the movies.

I've also read like 75% of Jodi Picoult's books and would recommend most of those...

Happy reading! I need more book suggestions too, so thanks for starting this thread!
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Well, I read a lot. But most people wouldn't like what I like. So something more mainstream that really affected my life: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Haddon. I read it in one day and it is amazing. It is from the viewpoint of an autistic boy.
  • carlie_carl
    carlie_carl Posts: 285
    Options
    Im just reading 'The Secret' by Rhonda Bryne, its a really interesting book that makes you thnk about life in a new light, Im cynical on this genre of books but I must admit, Its making me feel differently for the better, I would deffinitly recommend it
  • StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
  • Inlet
    Inlet Posts: 135
    Options
    Timeline, by Micheal Crichton
    Enchanted, by Orson Scott Card
    The Fault in our Stars... Forgot authors name!
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I love books by Patricia Cornwell. The Scarpetta series is my favorite! If you're into CSI stuff you will not be disappointed with these!
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Anything by Wally Lamb is good, including The Hour I First Believed and She's Come Undone.

Just re-read She's Come Undone and loved it again. Hard to believe it's written by a man.
  • Anathama
    Anathama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Song of Fire and Ice series, Better known as Game of Thrones.

Also for health: Protein Power lifestyle by Drs. Eades. Just got done with this one, really interesting!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Bump for suggestions I love to read
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i'm currently in the middle of the 2nd book of the 'outlander' series by diana gabaldon. time travel. romance. history. politics. the books are huge, too. i think the 7 books total something like 8000 pages!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series.

Water For Elephants.

Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. Huge books & A LOT of books in the series. I loved it!

A Piece of Cake by Cupcake Brown
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Hunger Game Series. I'm on book 2