Sooo frustrated

Options
I am 5 feet and very thin all over except a huge stomach. I am about 24 pounds overweight. When I set this up it was recommended that i eat 1200 calories. I have been working out 3 times a week and I am starving. I lose a pound then get frustrated cause I am hungry and then eat or I have no energy. I don't get it
signed sad

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary so we can see what you're eating, it could help.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Make sure you eat your exercise calories. 1200 calories already has a built in deficit for you to lose weight. If you exercise you can eat more. I am 4' 11" and I weigh 141 and have 21lbs to go to my first goal. I have mine set to .5 lbs to lose per week and I have 1340 calories. When I excerise I can eat more and I am still losing.

Don't Starve! I did that at first and almost gave up! Almost is the key word!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Drink more H2O and eat more protein.
  • loftard1
    loftard1 Posts: 14
    Options
    Don't give up your body burns stomach fat last don't worried so much about the calorie intake just watch what types of food you eat no empty calories like fatty or greasy foods. Have a recovery drink after you workout like protein shakes or smooth I with high energy foods. Your body is primed for accepting nutrients after a workout so it makes the most of what you eat.I have a a gut to I and skinny everywhere else so I know how you feel. Don't give up ever your body can plateau u just have to break through it.
  • krystalaharding
    Options
    Don't give up! If you work out, you can eat more. I am working on the same calorie level as you. 1200 calories and I used to get constantly hungry until I realized by working out that I could eat more. Just don't give up and stay positive.
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    You may be eating to little, u shouldnt be starving, try increasing your cals by 100-200 a day and see how that goes, maybe even more. It may sound weird, but sometimes we need to eat more to lose weight. If your eating to little your body goes into starvation mode and u store everything. So eat more, this is a life change so u shouldnt be miserable.
  • tru2hrwrd
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will take the advice. I am determined to be healthy. I have lost my daughter then my brother then my dad and then another bother all in 5 years. I ate myself in sadness. I have really worked on my outlook and I choose to live in the moment more and cherish all I do have. I want to be healthy so that I can leave a legacy that will speak to my children and family and friends. I no longer settle for mediocre.
    Thanks again for the support.
    Danie