Healthy and Yummy Cake Ideas?

Options
katiezi
katiezi Posts: 44 Member
OK so tomorrow is the BF's birthday. I want to make a cake that he and I can both enjoy but he's sooooo skinny. I gave up chocolate and sweets for lent too. What should I do? Make a light cake and eat it. Or just make a really awesome unhealthy cake and workout extra hard? OR does anyone have any great semi-healthy and yummy cake recipes? preferably chocolate...it's what he likes most.

THANKS! :)

Replies

• NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    sugar free chocolate cake mix with sugar free cherry pie filling. no eggs no oil
    bake per the box
    top with sugar free cool whip mixed with sugar free pudding (no water)
  • HAPage24
    HAPage24 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe for Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting...

Chocolate Cupcakes
    1 1/2 cups flour
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/3 cup cocoa powder
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 cup water
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 tablespoon vinegar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    Mix all ingredients until well combined.
    Place cupcake liners in cupcake tray and spray with nonstick spray (these cupcakes stick to their liners).
    Bake for 20-25 minutes, and let cool before frosting.

Peanut Butter Mousse Frosting

1 8 oz tub of Cool Whip Free
    2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
    3-4 tablespoons of skim milk

In a large microwave bowl mix the milk and peanut butter. Microwave for 30 seconds, and then whisk until smooth. (You're thinning out the peanut butter so it will be easier to add to the Cool Whip.) Let it cool for a few minutes and then gently fold in the Cool Whip. Transfer to a piping bag or disposable gallon sized bag (then cut off one of the bottom corners). Pipe onto the tops of the cupcakes.
  • katie_fitzy
    katie_fitzy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine brought this to dinner and it was great-full sized 2 layer cake nice and light. She mixed one box of angel food cake mix with 3/4 can of pumpkin, and 1 cup of water and seasoned to taste with pumpkin pie spice. Makes 2 8' layers. Bake at 350 degress-? length of time. She frosted layers and sides with light cool whip mixed with grated crystalized ginger and sprinkled the top with some fineley chopped nuts on top. Very good! Guys would probably like this cake-I know that's so sexist!
  • Embell0830
    Embell0830 Posts: 105
    Options
    bump