Hi, is it okay that i lost 5 pounds in a week? Or is it real

Options
Two Sundays ago, i weighed myself at 6:30pm. I was 111.4lbs. I do weekly weigh-ins.. the next Sunday, at 6:30pm, i was 106.4lbs. is that normal or have i eaten so little that i lost all that weight? i only exercised once, and it was a 12 minute run. 106.4lbs is the lowest weight i've ever been (since i started weighing myself)..or was it just because i'd been on my period the week before that? I'm only a teen, by the way, so me still going through puberty or whatever couldve made my weight go all weird, haha.

Is it normal? Did i actually lose this weight or will i put it back on?
By the way, i'm not underweight, i'm only 5'1..

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's probably water weight, but how much are you eating?
  • rogermedic71
    rogermedic71 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    For one, at 5'1" and 111 lbs, you do not need to lose any weight. You probably lost water weight. At your weight and age you should not be concened with losing weight. You should be more concerned with making healthy food choices and fitness.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    At a weight that low why are you even trying to lose?
  • pabocat
    pabocat Posts: 10
    Options
    You don't need to be Dieting at you size and age.And your goal is to skinny.You are already there.Maybe you need to tone up.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You don't need to be Dieting at you size and age.And your goal is to skinny.You are already there.Maybe you need to tone up.

Agreed. Adding 10 lbs of muscle would be great, see below example.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/392784-skinny-fat-vs-fit-photo?error_user_id=252210&error_username=psulemon&hl=skinny+fat
  • AmberXenon
    AmberXenon Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I dunno why, but I have a feeling it might be a troll....Not sure though.
  • blueham5
    blueham5 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    A teen could be 18 or 19 which is certainly not too young to lose weight. At 18, you're an adult.

Highly doubt you can lose that much even if you ate nothing. It could be an error with the scale or you were retaining a lot of water at your first weigh in.
  • bobbibear
    Options
    i'm not, like, overweight. i'm just fat. I'm getting rid of my pot belly XD
  • bobbibear
    Options
    I dunno why, but I have a feeling it might be a troll....Not sure though.

Why? I'm not a troll D;
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options

How can you be fat.. but not overweight. That makes absolutely no sense.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    if it is just in your belly.. you need to exercise and tone up.. you really shoudn't need to lose any weight at your size.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Weighing yourself in the evening is a surefire way to not get an accurate reading. You're weighing all the food and drink you've had so far that day and not yet pooped or peed out. You can weigh a few pounds more or less by having consumed or not consumed a few glasses of water.

Also, what I've noticed among a lot of my younger friends... stand up straighter. Younger kids slouch a lot, and bellies tend to disappear with better posture.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

How can you be fat.. but not overweight. That makes absolutely no sense.

skinny fat, she could have a lot of body fat but no lean muscle. Speaking of leaning I'm leaning towards troll.

In before this turns all ana and gets locked
  • MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    If it's the same reliable scale, the weight is real. Wheather its clothing, water, muscle or fat is hard to say. My Fitness Pal is a tool that can be used to hold yourself accountable for your nutrition and show you whats in your food. Like all things, it can be abused. So be careful.
    It is possible to have excess fat and not be overweight. The best thing you can do for yourself is to make sure you are getting enough and balanced nutrition and the right kind of exercise. Strength training is going to be your best friend in toning up.
    It is totally normal for weight to fluctuate with how much water you are drinking or retaining, if you are "backed up" or have done a strenuous workout. 5 pounds is a bit high for a tiny thing like you, and if it continues like that, you may need to ask your doctor. If you don't have weight to lose, don't watch the scale, watch the inches. :)