Low cal alcohol drinks??

Options
kygem
kygem Posts: 4 Member
Hey was wondering if anyone has a great, tasty low calories Mixed drink recipe, that doesn't effect my weight too much, an I could still enjoy a good party every now an again... Any tips would be appreciated! Thank you!!

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    vodka with diet soda is about the lowest, i believe vodka is 69 calories/oz.
    personally, i dont worry about it. but i drink so infrequently that i just use it as my cheat day and call it good.
  • Tishy78
    Tishy78 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I get by on Malibu or other rum with Coke Zero.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    skinny girl makes some great cocktails :) I <3 the margarita
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Liquor mixed w/ diet soda is about as low-cal as it's gonna get...I like Captain Morgan & Diet Coke, or vodka and Diet Sprite. Each shot is about 60 cals so they add up if you're not careful. Also, making a spritzer with wine was suggested to me...half white wine, half Diet Sprite. But I still like straight-up wine better. It sucks when you like drinking but are trying to lose weight!
  • sradis
    sradis Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Most hard alcohol is pretty low calorie, as long as you mix it with something without a ton of sugar. Flavored vodkas and sprite zero, gin and tonic, rum and diet, etc.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    vodka and diet anything is aroung 64 calories 1oz vodka plus diet soda.

or you can do vodka soda plus limes for about 70 calories a drink.

Miller lite is 96 calories per 12 oz bottle,
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    MGD 64 (beer), wine spritzer ( 1/2 wine 1/2 seltzer water which is zero calories), skinny girl brand drinks, REAL margaritas as in lime juice and tequila not a mix,
    at home- blend frozen strawberries in a blender, add in some tequila and a lime juice, a little water to thing, BAM very low cal and decently healthy ( due to the berries) frozen strawberry-rita
  • skusky01
    skusky01 Posts: 16
    Options
    My favortite is UV Blue and light lemonade. According the the database, a tall glass has 84 calories!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I like vodka with diet cranberry juice and a squeeze of lime. You could even add a tiny splash of OJ.
  • lina_rae
    lina_rae Posts: 5
    Options
    The skinny girl brand is great. I also like to mix with Crystal light
  • lina_rae
    lina_rae Posts: 5
    Options
    and check out hungry girl they have a complete book on cocktails
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    vodka and diet coke is around 56cals for a single shot.....
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Hey was wondering if anyone has a great, tasty low calories Mixed drink recipe, that doesn't effect my weight too much, an I could still enjoy a good party every now an again... Any tips would be appreciated! Thank you!!

Water!
  • LaurenMichelle004
    LaurenMichelle004 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My most recent favorite is sweet tea vodka. They even have some flavors like peach. Its really good mixed with water (pleasantly surprised) or an iced tea (Gold Peak has a great diet iced tea, Miu has a zero calorie sweet team flavor or just unsweetened iced tea w/some Splenda) or a diet lemonade! :)
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I like vodka and flavoured water :)
    low cal no sugar plus hydration...its an all around win!!!!
  • Agefyter
    Agefyter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Club soda! Flavored vodka and club (or plain vodka with a lime). Cheap red or white wine with club soda.
  • ohsweetcalamity
    ohsweetcalamity Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    skinny girl makes some great cocktails :) I <3 the margarita

I've been wanting to try them, but I was worried they would have that icky fake sweetener taste. Do they taste legit, or "diet"?

Oh, and 6oz of red wine is 125 cals, but a glass a day is good for your heart. I always save my last few cals of the day for a sneaky sip.
  • katie_fitzy
    katie_fitzy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    shot of vodka and any V8 diet fruit drink(10 cal for the V8)-approx 80 cal per drink.
  • soagirl777
    soagirl777 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Personally, I did not like the skinny girl margarita but might give them another try. Jose quervo light margarita is yummy and only 100 calories per serving! For some reason, I definitely got a quicker buzz with the light version. Maybe that's because there's a lot less sugar. Also, crystal light now has a margarita flavor! I have tried it in water(not too bad, definitely smells like a margarita) but I bought it with the intent to use this summer as my go to drink without all the extra calories. They do not sell them in individual packets for bottled water but they come in a plastic container with 5 larger packets that you add to 2 quarts of water. For an alcoholic beverage, just add your favorite tequila (mine is sauza silver, only 68 calories per serving) plus one serving of crystal light 5 calories, this give you a low cal margarita of only 73 calories! Like I said, I've yet to try with tequila, but hope it's doable!
  • beccalynn1981
    beccalynn1981 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like Cherry Jack Rum (83 calories for 1.5 oz) with Diet Dr. Pepper, tastes great!