I'm so ... (READ THIS AND HELP ME!)

Options
... not happy!:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I know, I know that the scales aren't that important when you do cardio and weight training because muscle weighs more than fat (I know I know) BUT it's depressing when you've worked your butt off literally for a month, (I mean 30minutes to 1h of cardio of running, spinning/xycling, or the crosstrainer...) plus a good workout with the weights, 4-5x a wk -and have eaten extremely well, healthy and haven't had more than one cheat day (either a cookie or slice of pizza -NOT both) every 1-2weeks...

MY weight isn't going down!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I am 80kg (whats that in lbs??) and I want to be 65kg... I'm 171cm (5'7 or 5'8") tall.

When is my weight going to just sky rocket downwards????????

-Cathy from Finland, Europe-

Replies

• soughtout
    soughtout Posts: 28
    Options

I know, I know that the scales aren't that important when you do cardio and weight training because muscle weighs more than fat (I know I know) BUT it's depressing when you've worked your butt off literally for a month, (I mean 30minutes to 1h of cardio of running, spinning/xycling, or the crosstrainer...) plus a good workout with the weights, 4-5x a wk -and have eaten extremely well, healthy and haven't had more than one cheat day (either a cookie or slice of pizza -NOT both) every 1-2weeks...

I am 80kg (whats that in lbs??) and I want to be 65kg... I'm 171cm (5'7 or 5'8") tall.

• auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I don't understand it myself, I only walk for exercise and follow the recommended calories . I wish I could be of help, I hear your despair but don't give up because what you are doing is improving your health tremendously. :heart:
    My goodness I just seen you have lost 100 lbs that is such a great achievement.:drinker: Maybe your body is making more muscle now.
  • soughtout
    Options
    I don't understand it myself, I only walk for exercise and follow the recommended calories . I wish I could be of help, I hear your despair but don't give up because what you are doing is improving your health tremendously. :heart:
    My goodness I just seen you have lost 100 lbs that is such a great achievement.:drinker: Maybe your body is making more muscle now.

Oh no! My profile is wrong! I have not lost a hundred pounds, sorry! I have lost from 102kg to 80 kilos... (1kilograms is 2.2lbs)

Yes, today I ran for 40minutes without walking, and I was feeling much better. Atleast my health is improving, yes:-)

Thankyou for your kind words:):heart:
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Oh dear hang in there. Try taking measurements INSTEAD of weight. As my post ALWAYS say, don't use that stupid scale. Buy you a cute skirt or something sexy and fun 2 sizes to small and use that to see your progress. Plus make sure your scale is working. I'm not kidding. I always use a digital scale and make sure it hasn't been damaged by steam from your shower or anything and weigh at the start of the day AFTER taking a wee-wee.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Hi Cathy,

What kind of foods are you eating?? Are you not getting enough calories??

Hang in there! :flowerforyou:

Shannon
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Are you keeping measurements of yourself? Sometimes when you don't see changes on the scale, you WILL see them in your measurements!
  • soughtout
    Options

Hi Cathy,

What kind of foods are you eating?? Are you not getting enough calories??

Hang in there! :flowerforyou:

Shannon

Hey Shannon!

I'm eating pretty well in lots of veggies, enough protein and carbs- try to stay away from salty stuff. My diet plan is to eat 1,300kcal per day, which isn't a lot but I seem to o over a bit each day anyway. I just don't trust myself if I would increase it.:noway:
    The days I do workout (4-5x week) it (the food diary calculates) automatically lets me eat more anyway...

Cathy
  • soughtout
    Options
    Are you keeping measurements of yourself? Sometimes when you don't see changes on the scale, you WILL see them in your measurements!

Okay, I wll start doing that;-) thaaaaanks!!!!:smile:
  • soughtout
    Options
    Oh dear hang in there. Try taking measurements INSTEAD of weight. As my post ALWAYS say, don't use that stupid scale. Buy you a cute skirt or something sexy and fun 2 sizes to small and use that to see your progress. Plus make sure your scale is working. I'm not kidding. I always use a digital scale and make sure it hasn't been damaged by steam from your shower or anything and weigh at the start of the day AFTER taking a wee-wee.

I am going out tomorrow to celebrate my friend's Bday, so I did buy something to wear today and it seemed to fit "okay". I know that my body shape has changed but I'm just sooooo impatient!!!:sad: :laugh:

I'm going to start measuring myself:)
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Have so much fun it's crazy. I know you will totally rock it!:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • charlie's girl
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure all of the posting stuff out. How do you look at someone's profile??
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    You say that you're eating about 1300 calories per day but you're working out a lot. You should try to eat the calories that you burn from your workouts, too. I did an experiment with myself because I wasn't seeing any weightloss after about a month of being VERY strict with myself. I increased my calories by about 300 (from 1200 to about 1500) and ended up losing about 1.5-3 pounds per week. Your body needs fuel to burn! Try it for two weeks. Just add in 300 more calories per day and see what happens. An apple with reduced fat peanut butter (2 Tbsp) is around 200 calories which is a healthy, filling snack to increase your calories. Let me know if it works! You'll get there! :flowerforyou: