online personality ~vs~ "in real life"

Options

Replies

• Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the same not quite as outgoing in real life but that is changing.. :bigsmile:
  • untilthesun
    untilthesun Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the same. Im loud, caring, and a little crazy in both worlds. Im honest too, in both worlds, which funnily enough can get you into trouble in both worlds!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I am outgoing and really nice online ... in real life I am a lonely, selfish ***** who has no friends. (not by choice but it is the way it is)
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I would say that I'm the same but I might have to ask some of the MFP peeps that know me here and that I've met or chatted with to see if that is the case. I'm curious now!
  • GlitterGoldJem
    GlitterGoldJem Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm the same ... I'm the nicest person and will do anything for you but I'm super sarcastic, brass and opinionated both in person and online. Life is too short to be fake anywhere.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I actually think I'm pretty much the same both places, strongly and vocally opinionated, with bouts of shy and awkward.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same in person as I am on here. I have my moments of being hilarious or emotional, sometimes the center of attention and sometimes happy to be slightly under the radar.

So what you see here is pretty much what you get in real life.
    You, skitty and snw are pure amazingness.

aww... you're so sensitive binary. i think it's time to send me a new picture to make me hurl.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I probably speak my mind a little more freely on line than I do in real life. I don't like confrontation.
  • anastasiawildflower
    anastasiawildflower Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am a definite introvert. I still stumble over my words and have no idea what the correct response is to most statuses online. I want to be encouraging while sounding genuine. Both worlds leave me feeling like the observer and not so much a participant. When I am by myself for hours, I tend to make haikus in my head, laugh to myself about my stupid daydreams, and wonder at the intricacies of the world. I suppose it is only natural that I enjoy writing so much, Annie Dillard style.
  • theleftie
    theleftie Posts: 366
    Options
    I have a spider collection.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    In REAL life, I am 34, weigh 120 lbs, am 5' 6" tall, have big boobs, and everyone LOVES me because I have LOTS of money and like to share it. I don't need to lose weight, because I AM PERFECT!!! I just like to hang around places like this and pretend that I'm like everyone else........but there's just NO ONE as wonderful as me.

<
    See that lady there? She's someone I took a picture of at the DMV. She was really nice to me, so I gave her a bag of money, and she SMILED really nice.
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same! I may not be as open in person due to mixed company/situation, but I'm just me all the time :)
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    apparently i can be quite intimidating IRL.

im guessing its my height, my size and my confidence/outgoing personality that does it.

i can also be seen as a bit posh or a snob if im dressed one way, or i get totally avoided if my sleeve is on show.

people judge.

haters gonna hate.
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options

can you make webs? :bigsmile:
  • CherrySunday
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same; maybe a little shy at first, but that usually goes away in an hour OR after a cocktail haha!
  • RiverTom
    RiverTom Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I was just talking to an online friend of mine and we talked about the differences between someone's online personality and their "in real life" personality - being over the phone or in person.

He had met some that were very outgoing online, yet reserved on the phone (or in person) and vice versa. Which seems odd to me, to be reserved online yet outgoing in person.

So, I ask of you, dear MFPers ... how do you judge ~your~ personality difference? Does your online persona match your "real" one?

me? what you see is what you get. There is not ~one~ thing I would say here that I wouldn't say in person. And my personality matches pretty well. I'm pretty much sarcastic and obnoxious everywhere. ~wink~

I would hope that I come across in the same way online as I do in "real life". But I'm not really sure how I come across online. No idea. The feedback has been fairly superficial so far. But isn't MFP quite superficial in it's nature anyway?
  • bellevie23
    bellevie23 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I cuss less and make less dirty jokes in real life, I have kids, they repeat a lot..they can't read yet though, so there is a difference. I think people act slightly different as well online than in person because they have time to think about their responses sometimes instead of not having that luxury in reality.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty quiet. anxious,. introverted. Takes me a long time to open up with new people.

Buy you a few drinks dude? :smokin:
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    In REAL life, I am 34, weigh 120 lbs, am 5' 6" tall, have big boobs, and everyone LOVES me because I have LOTS of money and like to share it. I don't need to lose weight, because I AM PERFECT!!! I just like to hang around places like this and pretend that I'm like everyone else........but there's just NO ONE as wonderful as me.

<
    See that lady there? She's someone I took a picture of at the DMV. She was really nice to me, so I gave her a bag of money, and she SMILED really nice.

LOL!!
  • bellevie23
    bellevie23 Posts: 208 Member
    Options

dead or alive?