Are the barcode scanners the most accurate?

Hi all, I'm trying to plan ahead for a night out tomorrow night and I've bought a bottle of wine to take to a friend's house. I scanned the barcode and it came back at almost 400 cals for the entire bottle. I then went to the search facility and most other bottles of wine are closer to 600. How do I know which is right? Has the barcode scanner just been inputed by someone previously? And which should I go for ? (btw I won't be drinking the whole bottle!)

Replies

• houseofcarpenter
    houseofcarpenter Posts: 127 Member
    i would drink the whole bottle!! different wine has different calories I think the dry kind is better because there's less sugar. (i think) but they defiantly have between 400 - 600 in the bottle, perhaps you've just got a good one!!!
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,237 Member
    The nutrition information is usually user submitted. I've figured out that a lot of things are just people's estimates and are not based on any real nutritional information. Go to the wine makers website and see if there is nutrition information for that specific wine. If not...its probably an estimate and likely not correct.
  • marleymooley
    marleymooley Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you both. Well by the user website a bottle works out at 628 calories! :(ah well forewarned is forearmed :)
    Thanks again