Tabata intervals = cardio happy place!

Options
I started circuit training with a plyo focus, but found I was tiring out quickly, so was just introduced to Tabata interval training today and loved it! The 20 second intervals are great to build on and still a great cardio workout. If anyone else is doing these, friend me please:)

Replies

• WeCallThemDayWalkers
    WeCallThemDayWalkers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I love interval training!
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    WeCallThemDayWalkers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the friending!

For intervals I've been enjoying spinning and hill sprints and sometimes even a little bit of homemade interval on the treadmill. I'm looking forward to getting a more "official" interval training schedule though.

Any tips?
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Love it. What do you use? I like Tabata Burpees. 4 minutes of hell.
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Nice! Today my upper body circuit was:

Pushups, mountain climbers using a flipped over bosu ball for balance/core strength, and plank hold

Lower body:

alternating side lunges, forward lunge with raised weight ball, and don't know if it has a name but alternating feet on step (jump)

I did 3 circuits of both for 20 secs per interval. It went so fast, loved it!
  • Lauraph
    Lauraph Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love Tabata, too - the workout is intense and fast. My favorite is a Tabata row followed by box jumps, push-ups, sit-ups, then squats.

I like having friends over to workout... crank up the music, set the Gymboss timer and go! Every four minutes we all rotate.