Drinking water

Options
I am really bad at drinking water. I have been trying to get better and drink more. The problem is I have to pee like 10 minutes later! Will my bladder get use to the water? Are there any tips of how to drink more water?

Replies

• injuneer81
    injuneer81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    water is in a lot of things. Fruits, Vegetables, etc. so you are getting water in more things than the 8 ounce glass. that is my opinion anyway
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    It's a habit that only gets easier if you remove all other beverages. Thirsty? Oh well, all you have is water. Also, as a back up for a tough day, I have crystal lite. I try not to use this too much, as it encourages the "sweet" cravings. And you will get a more "regular" bladder. It's busy flushing you out right now; have patience.
  • danni55
    danni55 Posts: 22
    Options
    I completely agree with cutting out any other beverages. I only drink water now and I CRAVE it after a sweaty work out. I probably drink 120 ounces a day just from my bottle that I refill all day. Watermelon is a great snack and has LOTS of water in it! It will get easier on you.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i :love: love:love: watermelon and i've been eating it about daily lately.

i sure wish i could count it toward my daily 8:drinker: that i rarely ingest.:embarassed:
  • Rubes
    Rubes Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi!

It was really hard for me to start drinking 8 a day. I had to use the bathroom all the time too and it felt like my tummy couldn't hold all of the water sometimes.

After about 2-3 weeks my body adjusted and I am using the bathroom like normal. I also noticed that my skin started to look much healthier!

When I began my 8 a day, I would chug 16 oz about 10 minutes before each meal. Not only are you getting more water, but your tummy feels full faster and tells your brain to stop eating.
  • oregonlady
    Options

When I began my 8 a day, I would chug 16 oz about 10 minutes before each meal. Not only are you getting more water, but your tummy feels full faster and tells your brain to stop eating.

i should do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

u r such a good girl!:wink:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    im having the same problem!!! we will get used to it i bet
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I like this explanation of how water helps with weight loss:

"There are many forms of metabolism going on in your body right now, but the one everyone is talking about it the metabolism of fat. This is actually something that the liver does when it converts stored fat to energy. The liver has other functions, but this is one of its main jobs.

Unfortunately, another of the liver's duties is to pick up the slack for the kidneys, which need plenty of water to work properly. If the kidneys are water-deprived, the liver has to do their work along with its own, lowering its total productivity. It then can't metabolize fat as quickly or efficiently as it could when the kidneys were pulling their own weight. If you allow this to happen, not only are you being unfair to your liver, but you're also setting yourself up to store fat."

http://www.inch-aweigh.com/water.html

___

Some tips on increasing your fluid intake:

"Increase your fluid intake gradually. Now that you will be drinking more, you must retrain your bladder to adjust to newly set goals. It will take your body time to adjust, but in about 6 weeks your bladder will become adjusted to the fluid increase."

http://lakenormanurology.com/forms/Increasing Fluid Intake.pdf
  • Dawnzy
    Dawnzy Posts: 12
    Options
    Oh wow if that doesn't motivate me to drink more water, I don't think anything will!
    :drinker: :happy:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    geeze.
    if only watermelon & wine couted in my h20 i'd be overflowing!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mouser79
    mouser79 Posts: 68
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback. I appreciate it!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I bought a reusable water jug (64 oz) at Wal-mart for 97 cents! Best. Investment. Ever!:laugh: I agree with the others about cutting out other beverages. You're bladder will also get use to it...give it a few days.:flowerforyou:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    If anyone else out there is a teacher (especially elementary school), by default you're probably on your way to a bladder of steel :laugh: I remember 2 years ago I had to go from 8:35 to 1:30 with no potty break :noway:

Sometimes you have to plan your water intake (and therefore your bathroom schedule) so that it fits in with your day :wink:
  • madmama
    madmama Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The body does get used to all the water, I am always over my 8 glasses a day. I have pretty much given up all other beverages except for my morning coffee, black, and 1 diet pop a week. If the taste of water is not something you like try squeezing some lemon or lime into your water.
  • marchmommy09
    Options
    My doctor taught me to find foos...mostly fruits that have a high amount of water in them because for someone who doesnt drink 8 glasses a day...it gives you more intake then you would expect...especially watermelon!
  • oregonlady
    Options
    My doctor taught me to find foos...mostly fruits that have a high amount of water in them because for someone who doesnt drink 8 glasses a day...it gives you more intake then you would expect...especially watermelon!
    oh yes! i like u and your doctor!:flowerforyou:
    how does he feel about wine?:tongue::tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    im having the same problem!!! we will get used to it i bet

It gets better!
  • skearns
    skearns Posts: 16
    Options
    Sometimes when I'm tired of water I drink unsweetened ice tea made from teas that do not have any caffeine. My favorite is a blend of Celestial Seasons Peach Passion and Raspberry Zinger. It's wonderfully refreshing and there are no artificial sweeteners, which I try to avoid.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    If you start off your day and end your day with a big glass of water, you're 2 glasses closer to your goal. :)
  • oregonlady
    Options
    If you start off your day and end your day with a big glass of water, you're 2 glasses closer to your goal. :)

and pee all night:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    it's "worth it" though. cause when i do that, i wake up a few lbs less than when i went to bed.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: