80 pounds, 3 kids later....

Options
mstawnya
mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
I love reading the success stories here. Y'all are such an inspiration to so many people. Here is the short & sweet story of my journey: Gained 80 lbs. after high school, lost it, had 3 kids, lost it again after each and am now working on building more muscle. Here are the results of a 14 year weight battle.

collage2.jpg

Replies

• KLavallee322
    KLavallee322 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! Congrats!
  • Cysso
    Cysso Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow! So inspiring! You look great!
  • mstawnya
    Options
    Thanks!

I can't get the last pic to show up. Oh well! :)
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job...
  • metrabolic
    metrabolic Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You have amazing muscle tone!! Great Job!!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look amazing.
  • mstawnya
    Options
    Thank you-I feel stronger than ever!
  • lgomez75
    lgomez75 Posts: 115
    Options
    fellow mom of three here...have any tips?

congrats on your amazing results!!!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Dang! :love: Awesome job!
  • mstawnya
    Options
    fellow mom of three here...have any tips?

congrats on your amazing results!!!

Thank you!

Tips? Well, it's taken me a long time to get here (and I still have a ways to go) so I guess give it time, always eat cake at weddings and birthday parties, know that dancing goes hand & hand with vodka diets, exercise most days, lift weights, eat a lot of protein, and drink a lot of water. Lame, right? ;)
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Lady, you are RIPPED! Well done, what an inspiration.
  • thinthought
    thinthought Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    that is amazing really... the difference is staggering. Really... It is so amazing how when we are heavier we can think we are "big boned" or make excuses for the weight... Girl you were tiny under all of that weight!! You look amazing and I am totally inspired!!! Especially from your post baby belly. What is the exercise you are doing?
  • mstawnya
    Options
    that is amazing really... the difference is staggering. Really... It is so amazing how when we are heavier we can think we are "big boned" or make excuses for the weight... Girl you were tiny under all of that weight!! You look amazing and I am totally inspired!!! Especially from your post baby belly. What is the exercise you are doing?

Thank you so much!

You're right, I did always think I was big boned and made that my excuse for a long time. Don't let the pics fool you-my belly has that pooch of loose skin like most moms. I started to see more definition after I started taking more classes at the YMCA. My workout schedule looks like this-

M-run a couple of miles, 40 min. tabata class
    T-run 1 mile, 1 hr. cardiokick class (turbo/bootcamp hybrid)
    W-run 1 mile, 1 hr. turbokick class, 15 min. arm weights-trying to lift heavier, but to be honest, I haven't made it past the 12.5 free weight mark. I tend to use 10 and 7 lb. free weights.
    Th-run 1 mile, 1 hr. bootcamp class
    F-run 1 mile, 1 hr. turbokick class (always have to leave early for preschool).
    Sat.-maybe a run or class, but generally take off
    Sun. off

I'm trying to do the run 365 miles in 365 days thing and have upped my protein a lot in the last month or so. Still trying to find my own magic formula to eat the max amount of food and maintain. It's tough! I usually eat between 1800 and 2200 calories a day and have a massive cheat night each week. Still trying to get my net calories up there, but am struggling with seeing the scale move up as I adjust to accommodate more exercise.
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    DAMN!

You look fantastic. Good on 'ya & thanks for the inspiration :)
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! And kudos for being such a great advocate for weight battles that last a long time!! You're clearly a winner of the battle not just the war. Well done.
  • Trinketona
    Trinketona Posts: 190
    Options
    Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're such an inspiration :smile:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I have to say that you look amazing! Your body looks great ....for anybody...let alone somebody that has had 3 kids.

You inspire the heck out of me!
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous and great advice! THanks for posting. :flowerforyou:
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Totally inspiring!!! You look great !!! My new inspriration!!:flowerforyou:
  • Cpuff70
    Cpuff70 Posts: 153
    Options
    AWESOME JOB! I feed off of all these success stories but boy did I love to see yours! I feel like you've written exactly what my story WILL BE once I reach my finish line! It'll be 3 kids, 85lb & 14 years later. Thanks for the inspiration to keep at it! I see my future. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!