Close to goal and burned out

Options
I hit a wall this week, after 100+ days of logging everything on MFP. I'm within 5 lbs of goal and can't get motivated to log my food or watch my portions. Is this normal burnout? I felt like I'd made a lifestyle change by focusing on exercise and health but now I'm worried I was in "diet" mentality. I hope that by posting this I'll get motivated to get back on track.

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    at mile 21 in a marathon, they call it "hitting the wall." so close to the finish like and its a killer but you power through. Remember why you are here, remember your goal, and envision what it will feel like to beat your goal. You CAN do this.
  • cbcw1964
    cbcw1964 Posts: 46
    Options
    though I am new and fairly 'fresh' to this all...i often remind myself of all the hard work i would be 'undoing' by falling off of the wagon. It hurts less to suck it up than to fall off.....hang in there....you have made it this far and should be commended for being so disciplined!
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'd say you are probably ok to give yourself a day to relax a little on the diet and rejuvenate yourself. 100+ days is along time and mybe you need to transition into maintenance. That might also give you the extra motivation to kick that last 5 :) good luck :)
  • 1968LisaG
    1968LisaG Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone, but come back so when you get to that goal, you can maintain the weight. It's so easy to gain it all back. Once I get to my goal, I want to stay here so I can maintain the weight.
  • TheSane
    TheSane Posts: 24
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments. This provided a spark I needed to continue to focus on health.
  • TheSane
    Options
    I'd say you are probably ok to give yourself a day to relax a little on the diet and rejuvenate yourself. 100+ days is along time and mybe you need to transition into maintenance. That might also give you the extra motivation to kick that last 5 :) good luck :)

Yes, you are right. I think this may be part of the learning process/journey of transitioning to maintenance. I want this to be a true lifestyle change and I think a small part of me wanted to "test" the old lifestyle choices to see how they feel.
  • dawnmcgee
    dawnmcgee Posts: 26
    Options
    Wow ,this post caught my attention because I am 20 pounds from my goal,I have lost 60 pounds and have been feeling the same way,after crying ,complaining ,feeling like I can't do this anymore etc..soul searching ,I decided I have come way to far and refuse to let this defeat me, so have you.. we can do this..we have nothing if we give up now:)
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    If you're that close to your goal, why not switch over to maintenance (for your goal weight)? - the last 5lbs should come off, just more slowly...
  • TheSane
    Options
    If you're that close to your goal, why not switch over to maintenance (for your goal weight)? - the last 5lbs should come off, just more slowly...
    I'm going to give that a try. Feels better already!
  • TheSane
    Options
    Wow ,this post caught my attention because I am 20 pounds from my goal,I have lost 60 pounds and have been feeling the same way,after crying ,complaining ,feeling like I can't do this anymore etc..soul searching ,I decided I have come way to far and refuse to let this defeat me, so have you.. we can do this..we have nothing if we give up now:)
    Thank you for your comments. You've done great! Let's keep going!