28ys old with 50lbs to lose!

Options
Hello All! I'm 28 years old, from Massachusetts with a minimum goal of 50lbs to lose. I never ever ever thought in a million years I'd be saying that....but here I am. I always start & stop, start & stop....but this is just too much--196lbs is just too much. Super friendly and always trying to meet new people!

Replies

• swaggoner
    Options
    HI! I'm 22, and looking to lose at least 20 lbs. I feel ya on the "never thought i'd be here" part, but we're here and I'm ready to change. I'm looking for people who can keep me on track and lose some weight with me. :smile:
  • Jgreenb
    Jgreenb Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm almost in the exact same situation as you plus 1 year. 29, Mass, and around 50 to lose.
  • kristin1219
    Options
    It's nice to know others are in the same boat! Just about ever friend I have is 120 or less....they have no idea what the struggle is like, I'm thankful to find a place where people actually do!
  • snlombardo
    snlombardo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yea! I'm here too! 27 with 40lbs to lose
  • wndnls
    wndnls Posts: 25
    Options
    27 yrs old and also have 50 to lose!!!
  • chaubner008
    chaubner008 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! Just wanted to drop by and let u all know it is so possible!! I was 25 with 165ish pounds to lose and now I am 27 with a165lb weightloss to maintain!!! No surgery, no ballistics...healthier choices in food, fitness and self-talk, I am a work in progress but want you to know You Can!!! This is not bigger than you, you have control you just have to utilize it. I have before and after pics in my blogspot on my page if you want to see Em!!! Good luck and strength!!!
  • kristin1219
    Options
    Yay! I am not alone! So great to hear from you all!

And Wow....that is amazing, congratulations! Such an inspiration!
  • kristin1219
    Options
    Also, I'm a definite "friend requester" so, if you comment....expect a request =) And also, anyone who sees this....feel free to add me!
  • alesnie
    alesnie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    22 years old with 40 lbs to lose. Let's follow each other for some support? :)
  • SONIA820
    SONIA820 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    29 and from Iowa! I am 1 lbs away from my original 50 lbs loss, so I know what you mean about going back and forth! You can DO IT!!! :) I have a ways to go but once you start it's harder to stop with MFP...atleast it has been for me!
  • CavewomanCoby
    CavewomanCoby Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 27 and have lost 50lbs so far with another 20lbs to go! Feel free to add :) I started at 220lbs and it's been a hell of a journey, but I promise you its worth it!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Will it be easy? Of course not, but nothing worth anything in life is easy.

Don't give up - it is worth it!
  • MrsSamB
    MrsSamB Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 with 20ish lbs to lose. I need help staying on track. Feel free to add me!
  • kristin1219
    Options
    Day 1 and I already can't wait to come back tomorrow and catch up with everyone and track in my food log! (still recovering from bronchitis....so exercise won't start til at least middle of next week--Such a BUMMER!!!)
  • ashclark60
    Options
    Im 27 and would like to lose around 50lbs!
  • smileymel27
    smileymel27 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi!!

I totally understand what you are going through. I'm 27 and have 60lbs to lose... and it's been like that for a while. Good luck with it. If ever you want some support, feel free to add me as a friend... maybe we could support each other (sounds a little freaky 'cause we don't know each other, and I'm new to the site... but who knows? Maybe it could be a good tool!).

Good luck!
  • Pollux
    Pollux Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm 27 and looking to lose a minimal of 50 lbs.
  • Danpellizzari
    Options
    Lots of people here have been in that boat. Good luck. Don't be afraid to ask questions or advice. Add me if you would like.
  • ahrtemis
    ahrtemis Posts: 11
    Options
    It's nice to know others are in the same boat! Just about ever friend I have is 120 or less....they have no idea what the struggle is like, I'm thankful to find a place where people actually do!

totally true! its hard to stay focused and motivated when a lot of the people in your life just don't get where you're coming from. that's why this site is so amazing: we have similar goals :)
  • jedikrissy
    jedikrissy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!
    I am also 28 with 50lbs to lose! I just joined 4days ago, I am looking for friends with similar goals that want to be support to each other. Feel Free to add me, we gotta stick together!