In need of help!

Options
Hey guys,
I'm Carley. I'm 21 years old weighing 237. Yikes! I'm 5'8" though and I really don't know how much I should be weighing at my height and medium built. I just got back on this site after being off for awhile. I totally am in need of some motivation. I just bought Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I plan on doing that. I also want to be able to run a 5k by May.
My goal is to lose at least 67 pounds, bringing me down to 170.

Any advice, or anything would be nice.

Also friends?

Thanks!

Replies

• usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Log in daily, commit yourself and stick to your plan. Remind yourself of your goals daily
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    AWESOME that you're back, and committed! Doubly awesome that you want to run a 5K in May - they're addictive, so beware! :)

Why don't you just focus on each day, one at a time, and see how you feel when you get down to 170 and reassess your goals at that point? That's 67 pounds, which will be an AMAZING accomplishment, so gear for that and then see where you want to go from there. Baby steps :)
  • AlexPflug
    AlexPflug Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi, Carley. I'm Alex. I started at 223, am currently 209, and would like to end up at 160. I'm 5'7", so we're pretty similar. Add me as a friend if you would like. I would love more friends to help motivate me and I'd like to help you as well. I own 30DS. I did it for a week and gave in and stopped.... I'd really like to do it again. Maybe if you and I made that a goal and checked in with each other each day we could get through it? Just a thought. Best of luck to you!!
  • schoon82
    schoon82 Posts: 14
    Options
    yea I'm excited to be back. I'm gained like 12lbs since being on here a year ago.. But I'm ready to fight for a healthier self!

I don't have a good fitness schedule though. Actually I have no idea what to do.. something that I'll actually stick to and that won't be too much at the beginning that I'll just quit
  • newata
    newata Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think 170 is a great goal! I'm 5'5' 205 with a GW of 150. I Agree to log in daily, and if you have a gym membership use the treadmill, not elliptical and slowly increase your time and distance on that, if you live in a warm place with an outdoor track you can use i would try doing that. I just did a 5k with only 2 days notice and my time was just over 45 min but I think it would have been much better if i had been using a treadmill and doing at least 3 miles in my workouts. Good Luck You can do it! Also add me if you'd like! =)
  • brittdaw32
    Options
    I am 5'8 and my goal is 140. 135 would be nice but it also might be on the skinny side too. I just did the Jillian DVD the last two days and she totally kicks your butt so be prepared. But for 20 minutes of working out with sore muscles to prove it, it is just awesome. I also like to run so my advice to you would be for your 5-K training to make it fun. And make it easy to start with so that you will want to do it again. Easy meaning run 1 min walk 2 and alternate or even walk 3 then adjust from there based on how your fitness level is coming along. Hope it helps! :smile:
  • schoon82
    schoon82 Posts: 14
    Options
    I am 5'8 and my goal is 140. 135 would be nice but it also might be on the skinny side too. I just did the Jillian DVD the last two days and she totally kicks your butt so be prepared. But for 20 minutes of working out with sore muscles to prove it, it is just awesome. I also like to run so my advice to you would be for your 5-K training to make it fun. And make it easy to start with so that you will want to do it again. Easy meaning run 1 min walk 2 and alternate or even walk 3 then adjust from there based on how your fitness level is coming along. Hope it helps! :smile:

Yea I absolutely hate running.. but I know that it would be a good workout by itself. I just downloaded the couch to 5k app.. it seems pretty slow pace at first which is good since I dont run AT ALL!
  • Danpellizzari
    Options
    If your planning on running a 5k invest in a heart rate monitor. Learn what a good training heart rate would be for you and try to maintain that HR on a run. Don't worry about speed. The speed will come. Remember any cardio sustained longer than 30 minutes puts you in the fat burning zone! Good luck. Add me if you like. I started out running again about 6 months ago. Ran 5k in 48 minutes. Now I do it any where between 32 and 36. Good luck and have fun with it.