Walden Farms Alfredo sauce??

Options
Has anyone tried Walden Farms calorie free Alfredo sauce? :noway:

I love their calorie free blue cheese dressing, but their balsamic vinaigrette and cesar dressings are just ok (at best). Just wondering what to expect when I try the Alfredo tonight :wink:

It's calorie, fat, sugar, carb, cholesterol, gluten and preservative free :noway: :laugh: And, I can pronounce all of the ingredients on the label- wow! :noway: :tongue:

Replies

• jenane
    jenane Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have had it. It pretty much doesn't taste like anything but pepper, however I enjoy it on things sometimes just to add the peppery taste and a sauce to something :)
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Walden Farms calorie free Alfredo sauce? :noway:

I love their calorie free blue cheese dressing, but their balsamic vinaigrette and cesar dressings are just ok (at best). Just wondering what to expect when I try the Alfredo tonight :wink:

It's calorie, fat, sugar, carb, cholesterol, gluten and preservative free :noway: :laugh: And, I can pronounce all of the ingredients on the label- wow! :noway: :tongue:

Okay, maybe I'm stupid but how can anything but water be calorie free???
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I have no clue!! Of course there are "trace calories" and I'm sure they play with the serving size to be able to advertise it as "calorie free." So, realistically it's probably very low calorie Alfredo sauce.

The ingredients are:
    tripple filtered purified water
    cultured buttermilk powder
    salt
    garlic powder
    natural flavors
    herbs and spices
    xanthan gum
    sucralose

I figure maybe it might be ok if I mix it with some garlic, Parmesan cheese, and diced tomatoes
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I have no clue!! Of course there are "trace calories" and I'm sure they play with the serving size to be able to advertise it as "calorie free." So, realistically it's probably very low calorie Alfredo sauce.

The ingredients are:
    tripple filtered purified water
    cultured buttermilk powder
    salt
    garlic powder
    natural flavors
    herbs and spices
    xanthan gum
    sucralose

I figure maybe it might be ok if I mix it with some garlic, Parmesan cheese, and diced tomatoes

Wow, it makes you wonder? I don't see anything that looks too bad in the ingredients. Though I don't know what xanthan gum is? LOL
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    As far as I know, and remember back to the days of being in the food science lab in college, it's just something that is added to liquids to make them more liquid-y without adding water (which obviously would water them down). Could be wrong, but that's what I seem to remember.