Notches on my belt...

Options
kid320
kid320 Posts: 13 Member
Before I started losing weight, I would only tighten my belt to the second loosest notch (out of five). These notches are punched an inch apart. I never thought about what notch I was lining the prong up with... It was just something I naturally did every morning. Throughout the day, I would settle into my jeans a bit and end up tightening it up a notch.

Today, I realized my pants were feeling a little loose. So, I reached down to tighten my belt. Imagine my surprise when I realized it was already in the tightest position! I thought I was going crazy, but my belt has permanent marks on it from where the hasp used to line up with the leather.

I thought about getting a new belt, but I might just drill a few new holes in this one. I like the hasp marks being there, it is an instant indicator of how far I've come. The new marks will be an indicator of how far I would like to go.

Replies

• juliebunz
    juliebunz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I actually just broke down and bought a new belt. I had like a foot of leather hanging down that wouldn't stay in the belt loop so it looked funny! It was a very good feeling and I'm already using a new hook spot on it as well =) keep up the good work!
  • Dimplybutt
    Dimplybutt Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Keep it up, you are obviously doing awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    :tongue: I totally expected something much different....it being late Friday night, and all.

But Congrats! :flowerforyou:

• lschuttem
    lschuttem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    LOL!! such a great feeling!
    though i am actually sad...I've shrunken out of 2 belts....really nice leather ones :s
  • kid320
    kid320 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I actually just broke down and bought a new belt. I had like a foot of leather hanging down that wouldn't stay in the belt loop so it looked funny! It was a very good feeling and I'm already using a new hook spot on it as well =) keep up the good work!

Yea - when I start wrapping the extra leather beyond my hips, I know it will be time to get a new belt.
    That is fantastic! Keep it up, you are obviously doing awesome! :flowerforyou:

Thanks a lot!
    :tongue: I totally expected something much different....it being late Friday night, and all.

But Congrats! :flowerforyou:

Yep - I was expecting more replies with a subject line like that ;)
    LOL!! such a great feeling!
    though i am actually sad...I've shrunken out of 2 belts....really nice leather ones :s

That is when it is time to fatten your friends up... that way, you have some really nice leather belts to give them for Christmas.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!