30 day shred

Options
Going to start it tomorrow =)
anybody tried it? Love it or Hate it?
II wanna hear your success your stories!
:drinker:

Replies

• purplediva88
    purplediva88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    is that similar to p90x?
  • Zsangel
    Zsangel Posts: 202
    Options
    I'm not really familiar with P90X, but I think it has the same idea?
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I did 30 day shred last September. I enjoyed it. My stomach got flatter.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I did it last year for 3 months...and lost weight, & inches. I got pretty fit, and did longer videos after. I liked doing it everyday.

Good job
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it off & on for a while...I can't really keep my consistency with it up. I notice a difference when I do it consistently (which has only been like a week so far...oops) It's a really good workout though! I'm just so lazy...Lol.
  • michellebd1980
    Options
    Just started it and I'm hurting... lol!
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    ug love hate relationship, love the idea that i might lose some pounds, hate the idea that its gonna kick my butt..i did the first day two days ago and i was so worn out by it and hurting for two days..back at it tonight though..
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    you'll love to hate it. Like me with that elliptical machine. I hate it/can't live without it LOL

warm & protect your knees, it's high impact. but I am an old lady & can do it so I wouldn't say it's HARD. it's challenging for sure. You can do anything for 20 mins. and you can customize it
    I like it- my friend's trying it now & she likes it and she has fibromyalgia
    Give it your best shot. Stay on diet & do it every day. take your before & after pic & measurements.

also there are many posts here with before/afters - it works if you work it
    some people do the shred and other exercise too- totally up to you

Good luck
  • joan2000
    joan2000 Posts: 10
    Options
    I started yesterday! Good luck to you!
  • sninny
    sninny Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I lost 7.5 pounds in the 30 days (took me about 35 days...) but I was pretty consistent about doing it everyday. I had to take a couple days off for illness but otherwise I just told myself I was gonna do it every day--no excuses. It'll definitely give you a workout. The soreness is the worst after the first couple days but don't give up! I was always a little sore somewhere but the first days are the hardest. Good luck!!
  • kattygirl0499
    kattygirl0499 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just finished level 1 and can see a difference. Started level 2 tonight. It kicked my butt. I will be oh so sore tomorrow. But it seems to work. And for those asking for the comparison, I've heard p90x is harder - 30 ds is set up for beginners - but it's a good workout no matter what your fitness level is.
  • Zsangel
    Zsangel Posts: 202
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm excited to start this, but even more excited to motivate myself to do it every day and FINISH it!!
    WIll be taking photos and doing a weigh in and measure tomorrow morning, then let the games begin!!
    I can't wait!
    If I survive it, I'll post my progress :flowerforyou:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I did it and really liked it. I got decent results especially in the abs. Its boring doing the same thing everyday but it works.
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have mixed feelings about the 30 Day Shred. It's a great program and I love Jillian Michaels, but doing the same workout day after day for ten days was really hard for me. Personally, I couldn't keep up with it. I was extremely motivated the first ten days and did it religiously, but it just went downhill the last two levels.

Like all workout plans, only do it if you can devote yourself! I gave myself way too many rest days and cheat/spike days, otherwise my results would have been a world of difference!

However, I did lose about four pounds in the process and quite a few inches! My back and arms really transformed, lost a good amount of belly fat (even though I lost the least here), and my thighs slimmed by half an inch and my legs overall look way better! After all was said and done, I felt immensely stronger. My endurance and stamina also transformed.

I would recommend it, but may I suggest you don't make the same mistakes as I did by not taking it seriously enough ;) Best of luck!

PS. I just started her DVD: Ripped in 30, and love it way more!