Working Out Twice A Day On 1350 Calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    5'7, 182lbs

i hit a plateau and have been 182 for 2 months now, im trying to change something in my routine to get off this plateau

I would estimate you're maintenance at around 2500cals. If you eat less than this you should lose weight.

So if you've been stuck at 182 for the last 2 months, you should see what you did during those 2 months & then determine what you need to do better.

How long have you been logging for? Do you weigh food? Have you been eating exercise cals? Have you been getting enough protein & fats? Have you been doing a variety of exercise? (resistance & cardio) Have you been drinking enough water? Do you have a cheat day that you don't log? (if so, could this be large enough that the rest of the weeks deficit are undone?)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    do u think working out twice a day for an 1 hour each time is necessary when your on 1350 calories?

Did you workout regularly before trying to lose weight? Have you worked out for many years, regularly?

If not, I would strongly advise against working out twice per day, overtraining is a very real problem and can put you out of action for a long time.
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    5'7, 182lbs

i hit a plateau and have been 182 for 2 months now, im trying to change something in my routine to get off this plateau

I would estimate you're maintenance at around 2500cals. If you eat less than this you should lose weight.

So if you've been stuck at 182 for the last 2 months, you should see what you did during those 2 months & then determine what you need to do better.

How long have you been logging for? Do you weigh food? Have you been eating exercise cals? Have you been getting enough protein & fats? Have you been doing a variety of exercise? (resistance & cardio) Have you been drinking enough water? Do you have a cheat day that you don't log? (if so, could this be large enough that the rest of the weeks deficit are undone?)

I actually don't believe a cheat day would do her any harm. In fact, lots of evidence shows that cheating, although I prefer to call it splurging, is a good thing when dieting. I think she's eating way too little and is slowing her metabolism down. So a good splurge day might be the best thing for her.

Eat, OP. Eat back those exercise calories! I broke a stall by upping my calories. it's counter-intuitive but it really can work. And never eat less than your BMR.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Very new here, joined today. What exactly do you mean by "eat back excercise calories'? Thx
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Very new here, joined today. What exactly do you mean by "eat back excercise calories'? Thx

If you're new here, the best thing you can do is read all the stickies at the top of the various forums, especially in the "General Diet and Weight Loss Help" section. That will answer all your questions and more.

In short, MFP is designed for you to eat back your exercise calories, when you input your exercise into your diary, it will say "You earned XXXx calories from exercise." You are supposed to eat them so you don't eat too low of calories.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    5'7, 182lbs

At that weight and working out and only eating just under 1400 total calories, it's no wonder you've plateau. First key is to eat more.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition[/b
  • bootbuilder
    Options

Eat back your calories is being sure that you are not working out and starving your system! You need to eat back some or all of the calories that you burned off during exercise. If you don't you can slow your metabolism and slow your weight loss! HTH