Fitbit

Options
Hi -

I'm just curious if anyone uses the Fitbit ultra tracker? I'm contemplating buying one, but would like some feedback from people that have/do use it first.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• thomurefamily
    Options
    I have had mine for just a little over a month now and I am loving it. I have only charged it 2 within this past month. It is a glorified pedometer but it has been a great help to me. I love seeing how many steps I taking every day. It is a great reminder to me to get up and move. I love having a goal and trying to get past those 10000 steps a day. I love the fact that it syncs with MFP and I can track my calories from either site. My Fitbit gives me back calories based on how active I was that day. It also tracks your sleeping habits. I was reassured through the sleep mode that I am indeed sleeping well at night. It tracks when you wake up and how often you wake up, how long it took you to go to sleep. I am been truly impressed with my fitbit. It is small and yet very comfortable. I usually clip in to my bra and wear it around all day without thinking much about it! My fitbit will also tracks floors climbed, miles walked, and estimated calories burned. Overall has been another great tool to use in my fitness journey. I have not had one problem with it. It has worked flawlessly and I have no complaints. I would say definitely a great investment.

Fitbit has it own website that you can track your info on. Unlike many other fitness monitors that do similar things and require monthly subscriptions there is no subscription fee so the investment you make to purchase it is all you will pay. I can not say enough about my fitbit. I LOVE IT!!! I also love that I can search for friends on Facebook that also have fitbits and we can track each others progress and compete with each other, trying to out do each other. It is a great tool that is very easy to use and does not require that you sync it or charge it everyday! Love Love Love it!
  • thomurefamily
    Options
    I have had mine for just a little over a month now and I am loving it. I have only charged it 2 within this past month. It is a glorified pedometer but it has been a great help to me. I love seeing how many steps I taking every day. It is a great reminder to me to get up and move. I love having a goal and trying to get past those 10000 steps a day. I love the fact that it syncs with MFP and I can track my calories from either site. My Fitbit gives me back calories based on how active I was that day. It also tracks your sleeping habits. I was reassured through the sleep mode that I am indeed sleeping well at night. It tracks when you wake up and how often you wake up, how long it took you to go to sleep. I am been truly impressed with my fitbit. It is small and yet very comfortable. I usually clip in to my bra and wear it around all day without thinking much about it! My fitbit will also tracks floors climbed, miles walked, and estimated calories burned. Overall has been another great tool to use in my fitness journey. I have not had one problem with it. It has worked flawlessly and I have no complaints. I would say definitely a great investment.

Fitbit has it own website that you can track your info on. Unlike many other fitness monitors that do similar things and require monthly subscriptions there is no subscription fee so the investment you make to purchase it is all you will pay. I can not say enough about my fitbit. I LOVE IT!!! I also love that I can search for friends on Facebook that also have fitbits and we can track each others progress and compete with each other, trying to out do each other. It is a great tool that is very easy to use and does not require that you sync it or charge it everyday! Love Love Love it!
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love it. I find myself striving to be more active because I like to see high numbers at the end of the day. I dont think you will regret getting it.
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I've had a FitBit for a couple of months now and I love it! I even had some techinical issues with it shortly after it arrived... customer service was helpful and prompt.

It's good motivation to move more everyday.
  • sschoolfield
    Options
    I've had mine for a little over a month and also love it. I feel that it gives me too much credit for excercise calories, but I just make sure I don't eat all of them back. It keeps me focused and aware of my activity level as much as MFP keeps me aware of my calorie consumption. I usually push for at least 10000 steps a day. I haven't made it the last two days due to unusual circumstances at work that have kept me 'chained' to my desk.....wait the day is not over yet, I should stop typing and start walking...gotta run. :wink:
  • kattygirl0499
    kattygirl0499 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've had mine a month as well - and I love it. I have a desk job, so I've set my fitness level at sedentary, but I'm finding I move a lot more than I thought I did. Its helpful to let me see what I've actually done that day and it's totally ridiculous how much it motivates me to move with that darn flower. : ). It's awesome.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    It sounds so creepy. I'm a little privacy minded. It's probably a waste of time but I try. This thing knows when you are sleeping and knows when you're awake. It's like Santa but without all the cool *kitten* at the end. What if your insurance company or employer got their hands on all that info? Can any body say 'pre-existing condition'?