Too many squats = Tender inner thighs! This right??

Options
Hi All,

On Thursday, my Zumba instructor changed the class to a toning mix and consisted of A LOT of squats! My inner thighs are still tender.. Is that normal? I stretched correctly and did the squats correctly.. I'm not in any pain, they just feel like the muscles are stretching (Only was I can describe it lol)

Any advice is much appreciated.

Krina.

Replies

• LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'd say you just used muscles you're not used to using. No biggie. Same as any other sore muscle group.
  • HeaderAutumn
    HeaderAutumn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Your fine. Its just because they got worked more than usual. Just drink water, and stretch
  • mrs_km
    mrs_km Posts: 46
    Options
    I'd say you just used muscles you're not used to using. No biggie. Same as any other sore muscle group.

Ah that ok. Just wanted to make sure all was ok lol x x
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Adductors... yes, it's normal. You're using muscles you probably aren't used to using, right? I know this feeling all too well. Two things you can do: adjust your stance more inward or outward... inward will use them less, so they'll be less sore. And don't go too fast down into the squat... that can also hurt the adductors.

Also, get a foam roller and use them on the inner thighs and groin. I've just ordered one... highly recommended.
  • Cakepiebeer
    Cakepiebeer Posts: 392
    Options
    how do you know you squatted correctly? Was someone watching you and correcting your form?
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    how do you know you squatted correctly? Was someone watching you and correcting your form?

squats in a zumba class. I doubt that form is a major concern.

Now if it was on the rack...
  • ccadroz93
    ccadroz93 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY NORMAL!! It's painful, but in a very good way...teehee....the fun part is the next two days whenever you gotta go pee! That toilet seems like it gets really short!! LOL
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    i have the right now..its annoying when i bend down its so sore that it makes me wanna scream lol but yep normal..still sucks though

and im sorry that so didnt sound right lmao
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    At first I laughed because I am a guy but then to be serious yes its normal. Welcome to squat pain hehe
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Hahaha... oh it's a Zumba class? Didn't realize that. She has nothing to worry about. Damn, after 1 or 2 more classes they probably won't ever feel that sore again.

If you were steadily increasing weight for squats then you'd have something to worry about :P