Books You Liked?

Options
Looking for some good summer reads and wondering what Health, Diet, ect books you have read and liked? :) SUGGESTIONS PLS :)

Replies

• vjar
    vjar Posts: 17
    Options
    I just read David Kessler's "The End of Overeating", it's an eye opener about why so many Americans have trouble with food. This guy ran the FDA in the early to mid 90's.
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I picked up the Biggest Loser books - Fitness Program and Cookbook. The Fitness one has been helpful when I can't get to the gym, I do the circuit moves. As long as I do them without much of a break in between each exercise, my heart rates gets up there and I'm sweatin! The Cookbook has some easy recipes with common ingredients because they come from the stars of the show. Good Luck!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan. this is probably my favorite book about food ever written.

and "Healthiest Food on Earth" (I'm not sure if that's the exact title, I got it from the library) and "The Healthiest Meals on Earth" (cookbook) by Jonny Bowden

:flowerforyou:
  • hungrybear
    hungrybear Posts: 45
    Options
    I LOVE "Hungry Girl Under 200", "YOU on a Diet", "In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto", and "Eat This not That".
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    jillian micheals "winning by loosing"
  • jeanns
    jeanns Posts: 58
    Options
    I read 'The Slow Down Diet" by Marc David. I think it's really good if you have any unhealthy issues with food. It really made me re-evaluate my relationship with what I eat!
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Body for Life and Eating for LIfe both by Bill Phillips. I've also heard him speak, and he is so inspiring. His plans are very realistic and delicious. I have lost tons of weight by following his advice. (Of course, then I go back to my old habbits, but that's my fault, not his.)

I also love the Biggest Loser 30 Day Jump Start and Family Cookbook.
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    If you strength train at home (although the book is about lots more than just strength training), Gunnar Peterson's "G-Force: The Ultimate Guide to Your Best Body Ever" is really helpful. It provides 13 basic exercises, and then tons of ways to change them up so your body (or your mind) dosn't get bored or plateau. I have checked out every fitness and diet book from the library, and this is the one I will purchase for my long term time use.
  • kstinson
    kstinson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I really like "the eat clean diet" by Tosca Reno, "You are what you eat" Jillian McKeith, and The Mayo Clinic Diet "Healthy Weight for Everybody"
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    I'm about halfway through Fast Food Nation (there's a movie adaption, too . . . haven't seen it yet). A real eye-opener. If you're a fast food-a-holic, you need to read this book. And it's not like, "Fast food makes you fat. Don't eat it." It talks about where the food is made, how the companies were formed, etc. And usually I don't like to read informational books, so that says a lot.:wink: