Fat, middle aged and needing support

Options
Hi everyone

I am new to this site, having been recommended it by a friend on facebook, I have a very long journey in front of me. I need to lose about 94lbs (having lost 21lbs) but have reached a plateau. I am currently doing the Jilliam Michaels 30 day shred and calorie counting allowing myself about 1600 kcals a day. I always used to be a skinny minnie and very active even after the birth of my 3 children, but over the last 10-15 years the weight has crept on. I work as a nurse practitioner and do 3 x 12 hour shifts a week in an urgent care centre/minor injury unit. I am also worried about being left with lots of loose skin so along side have been having massage, wraps and using a slender tone. I need all the encouragement I can get :laugh:

Replies

• CtineMc
    CtineMc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm an excellent encourager. Feel free to add me
  • boelyn
    boelyn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome hon

I'm here for the long haul so feel free to add me, not sure where you are located so time zones could be a challenge but I will definitely support x
  • Jamie_Hobart
    Options
    I am new as well. Lets take on the challenge together! I am here for you, and I am sure many others are too.. the only thing we can count on now is SUCCESS and of course support. Welcome! :)
  • jwhit6
    jwhit6 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome you will get loads of support here - this site is brill.

Well done you for 21 lbs already - Today is a new day - just take one day at a time and be so proud for every successful day even the small successes and don't lose hope or give up after a bad day or even week.

You can do this

x
  • greedygirl2
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

I am here for your support . Together we can make it happen.
  • batgirlsj
    batgirlsj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Plateauing is always a downer. Remember though you have managed 21lb already - that is a stone and a half! Amazing. Keep smiling.
    It would also be great for me to have someone who I can talk to about my diet issues.
    Sandy
  • cindy859
    cindy859 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi, make sure you take your measurements, whether the scale is moving or not I bet you are losing inches, the number on the scale is not everything. Feel free to add me if would like to. Good luck!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Welcome - invite sent :smile:
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Please don't be down on yourself "fat, middle aged..." Sounds to me that you have been a very selfless hard working (all nurses are overworked and unappreciated)! It's so common for us women to give to our families, our jobs and everyone else and before we know it we have lost ourselves and feel fat, ugly and empty! Please add me as a contact so we can encourage each other and have some laughs too!!! :0)
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I've sent a request. :flowerforyou:
  • poytheboyDave
    Options
    Have sent a message, please add.
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have lost 36 pounds so far and have another 70 to go. I just joined MFP a couple weeks ago, so my weight loss shown is based on me just joining. I keep up each day on MFP and share my diary. I also have some great MFP buddies that are also very serious, so you can ask to add them as well. Best of luck to you! It sure helps with the great teamwork of MFP!!
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    Please don't be down on yourself "fat, middle aged..." Sounds to me that you have been a very selfless hard working (all nurses are overworked and unappreciated)! It's so common for us women to give to our families, our jobs and everyone else and before we know it we have lost ourselves and feel fat, ugly and empty! Please add me as a contact so we can encourage each other and have some laughs too!!! :0)

Agreed and well said :)
  • ksizzle911
    ksizzle911 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm always willing to be a support system to people. I've lost 72 pounds total, 44 lbs since I started MFP. Still have another 48 to go. Feel free to add me as well!
  • thickgurly
    thickgurly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me if you like. MFP have some great people on here that are willing to support you. Just take it one day at a time and it will all work out for you!!
  • BigCat175
    BigCat175 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Sounds like you are committed to a healthier you and it would be great to be a part of your MFP network of support. Cheers!
  • k2sul
    k2sul Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5 weeks in, and have doing well with all the help & support I get from my MFP friends. Feel free to add me.
  • maryhumphries
    Options
    Hi All
    I'm new today and on Diet Chef. Also fat and middle aged (well 62 is middle age to me) Need to loose 35lbs before I go on my first cruise which I have been longing for for ages and don't want to go as a fatty. Will need support and motivation also x
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Middle aged???????? Life just started! Hey, when I was your age I weighed 265 pounds. Get moving and before you know it you'll feel 20 years younger! Catch you later. Off to my running club. We're doing 6 miles today if the rain doesn't get too bad.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I have about 10 friends. I try very hard to pay attention to what they are doing and give honest reviews (because we are stars of our own shows), but I expect some acknowledgement of what I am doing also. I'm here to improve my health, not just weight loss. If you have a double bacon cheeseburger and nothing else for the day and expect me to give you kudos for being under your calorie goals you are barking up the wrong tree. I will tell you if you are not eating enough veggies. I will tell you if you are relying on too much junk food. I will tell you to drink more water. So, if this is what you are looking for, by all means, friend me. Don't do it so you can have 200 friends. Do it because I'll try my best to share your journey with you. And if you share my journey with me, we might just get where we want to be.