WTF is up with "bump"?

Options
Seriously...when I see someone post "bump" in a thread, I want to shout and use angry hand gestures. WTF is the point of posting "bump" in a thread?! If you can take the time to write "bump," you can take the time to write a decent response...or just nothing at all. Silence is golden, right?

:grumble:

Replies

• JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Chill... it's just that people are putting that particular thread into their "My Topics"... it's a way to bookmark something you want to find later.
  • robbiejay1971
    Options
    Seriously...when I see someone post "bump" in a thread, I want to shout and use angry hand gestures. WTF is the point of posting "bump" in a thread?! If you can take the time to write "bump," you can take the time to write a decent response...or just nothing at all. Silence is golden, right?

Exactly. At least find time to write a response!
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Bump

:laugh:

I almost did it.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUMPITY BUMP BUMP! Bump?

Hey, guess what?!

BUMP!
  • joannea1988
    Options
    i couldnt understand it when i started, but its an easy way to go back to something later when you have more time x
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    *shouts and uses angry hand gestures*

• snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    roflmao!
  • budhandy
    Options
    *shouts and uses angry hand gestures*

Lol ya know I get the same reaction out of my wife on a daily basies :tongue:
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    It's like a bookmark. So you can come back to the thread later. Just saying Bump saves it to your profile page and you can refer to it later for recipies or to answer something when you couldn't think of a good answer earlier. Don't shout, it's ok. Know that people are really interested in you when you are bumped.
  • smgmtx
    smgmtx Posts: 12
    Options
    It's okay. We all have our pet peeves.

The actually term for "Bump" is Bring Up My Post, which just helps to bring a thread back to the front page where most people are likely to see it.

Also...things like this really belong in the chit-chat board.
  • blueham5
    blueham5 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I know. It's like those people that quote walls of text only to write "agreed", "this" or "+1". My fingers are all calloused from scrolling past these useless posters on MFP.
  • budhandy
    Options
    I know. It's like those people that quote walls of text only to write "agreed", "this" or "+1". My fingers are all calloused from scrolling past these useless posters on MFP.
    Agreed
  • luvlyjanny
    luvlyjanny Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUMPITY BUMP BUMP! Bump?

Hey, guess what?!

BUMP!

hahaaa lmfao... i think this is just a teensy bit annoying lol... but yh i never got the bump thing now i do though thanks for this topic
  • rudzud
    rudzud Posts: 24
    Options
    It's okay. We all have our pet peeves.

The actually term for "Bump" is Bring Up My Post, which just helps to bring a thread back to the front page where most people are likely to see it.

TTT

(To The Top)
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options

non-bump.