Restaurants to Enjoy!

Options
I was just looking through the "Restaurants to Avoid!" topic, and I thought: you know what we need? A list of "Restaurants to Enjoy!"

(Apologies if this has been created before.)

I don't eat out much, but my favorite restaurant of all time would probably be Pizzicato (I think they only operate in Portland, OR). Nutritionally, it's quite reasonable for pizza... and when it comes to taste and quality, they win. Hands down. I've never tasted a pizza that even comes close to surpassing theirs.

What are your favorite restaurants?

Replies

• wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Okay, assuming we're talking about places that have healthy options and not just all of the gloriously amazing places that I [refer to nom down and not care about the calories in the food I'm eating, here's places that have good options.

Yard House - the seared ahi caesar salad without dressing is super tasty, low cal, and decent enough sodium for a meal out.
    Mimi's Cafe - lots of lower cal, lower sodium options on the menu. My favorite is the filet of "soul" dinner with steamed veggies and brown rice.
    Panera Bread - most of the salads, without dressing, are not only really delicious, but good on calories and sodium. Just double check the sodium if it's a concern, since a few are sort of high. Bonus - on their website you can custom build what you want, or don't, on the salad and it adjusts all the nutrition accordingly.
    BJ's Brewhouse - also has an ahi tuna saladand their garden medley salad with grilled chicken is also really good.

*note* - All salad options are pointed out because they have a good amount of protein and aren't just empty salads, while still staying reasonable options.

Hmmm...there are more, but it's late and this is all I can think of right now. :)
  • mang26
    mang26 Posts: 4
    Options
    Look up calorieking.com or get the book it has restaurants listed and calorie count for many favorites. I use it all the time. Also many of the chains are now putting cal. Count on the menu.
  • Casssie999
    Options
    I like nandos, all of there burgers/pitas/wraps are under 300 calories (except 1) and the regular chips are 220, so you can indulge in some pretty yummy take-away for less than 500 calories :happy: .