waitress calories burned

Options
Hey there fitness pals! I was wondering if anyone is in the same boat...I serve tables, and those shifts are long are tiring...but I wouldn't exactly call it exercise (ie, my body needs to go to a gym and sweat). but on the exercise meter here I'll input say, walking 3.0 mph--eg, pace walking dog at about 6 hours (I worked a double shifts so I was at work for over 12 hours) and I have a hard believing I can eat more than 2200 calories...does anyone else find that with a job like waitressing you can technically eat more but gain weight if you do?

Replies

• Kat1979
    Kat1979 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there fitness pals! I was wondering if anyone is in the same boat...I serve tables, and those shifts are long are tiring...but I wouldn't exactly call it exercise (ie, my body needs to go to a gym and sweat). but on the exercise meter here I'll input say, walking 3.0 mph--eg, pace walking dog at about 6 hours (I worked a double shifts so I was at work for over 12 hours) and I have a hard believing I can eat more than 2200 calories...does anyone else find that with a job like waitressing you can technically eat more but gain weight if you do?
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    There are several sites out there. Heres one i use.

http://www.primusweb.com/cgi-bin/fpc/actcalc.pl

Tim
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    If you set your activity level as active, then it would take that into account, that's what that is for. It will rate you out at a higher base caloric burn for your daily BMR.