What have you learned from your weightloss

Options
What have you learned from all of your weightloss, can be serious or funny:

- I don't sleep as much, ya I get my 7-8 hours, but man I have so much energy, sometimes I just can't do it.
- I get cold very easy, ya well losing 75 pounds of insulation will do this. I very rarely would ware long sleeve shirts in the past, but man I where them all the time in the winter now. And here I use to joke on my wife about always being cold lol

Replies

• insights2
    insights2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have learned that I'm not nearly as good as I thought I was at estimating how many calories is in a meal, especially in restaurants. I have also learned that exercise really does give me more energy.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I learned how easy and how hard losing weight can be. If I can stay away from fast food, no obstacle can get in my way of losing weight. I also learned how gradually weaker I became the more I lost weight.
  • Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I've just learned I can live without certain stuff, I gave up a lot of my favorites and I don't crave a single one of them. I'm finally at a point where I eat to live, not the other way around. It's pretty awesome to be honest.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I've learned I am obsessive compulsive about certain things.
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Ditto on the obsessive compulsive thing >)
  • pittfancbk
    pittfancbk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know whenever I lose weight & inches, I feel pretty darn good about myself. I've also had lots of problems w/ time management & focus, but ever since I started dieting and working out, my time managing is slightly better, but I feel like I can focus a lot more. It's like I've learned how to prioritize myself better. :D
  • monharri
    monharri Posts: 78
    Options
    Like someone else said, I learned that I can live without certain types of food. I also learned that weight loss is a journey and not to overgeneralize if I have a bad day like telling myself "it's never going to happen for me." Learned to be consistent.
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've learned most of these :) I've actually been thinking for the last few weeks how nice it would be to sleep to about 11am then spend the rest of the day lounging on the couch, but somehow Monday morning rolls around and I just haven't found time for that! I used to have plenty of time for that LOL
    I've definately noticed that the healthier I eat, the small my sweet tooth gets.
    The thing I've learned from MFP specifically is what a serving size looks like. When I have to log them, I measure them, and when I measure them I get an accurate visual. Even if I'm having more than one serving of something, I can now translate that particular amount of a food to it's calorie equivalent much more accurately.
  • spazwgeo
    spazwgeo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I learned that it can actually be FUN to work out!! I also learned that some foods only tasted good because my body didn't know the difference!!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I have some foods that I moved into the "once in awhile" group because they were high calorie/low nutrition.
    What I learned is that when I had them, after not having them for weeks, they weren't all that great after all!
    Example: I used to love Chile's Southwest Egg Rolls, but when I had them recently, not so much! Instead of the Yum I expected, it was more of Meh!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    That I don't have to give anything up and that traditional 'diets' are a colossal waste of time! Moderation and portion control were the way to go for me!
  • gailashton
    gailashton Posts: 292
    Options
    I have learned to accept who I am. That I can do anything I put my mind to. That the number on the scale does not definte me or the size that I wear. I am a hard worker and very determined. That I can stop at a little or just say no if I have to. Food is fuel! That no matter how hard I work there is only so much I can change about my body. An obese childhood, 52 years of yoyo dieting, battling eating disorders, tanning, nursing babies, smoking, drinking, etc. takes a toll on you - skin is not always your friend - but it's oK, that's what spanx are for. I don't need to wear a bikini to be sexy, it comes from within!
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I learned that losing fat didn't change the person that being fat made me... that came from inside, not my apperance. I still wouldn't change the way I feel for the world though
  • azazelrabbit
    Options
    I have learned that I feel so much more confident, even after lossing a little bit of weight.

I have learned that I can break my addiction to milk chocolate, having not had any for over a week.

I have learned that Coffee is the solution to everything.

I have learned that it isn't the end of the world to go over your calories.

I have learned that there are some really amazing people on MFP.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    - losing my built-in insulation is the only bad part about no longer being fat - I'm always COLD!
    - it takes a lot less effort to carry around 130+ pounds less of me. No wonder I was always so tired before!
    - I will always have thick legs, but muscles are awesome so I don't care anymore.
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    - exercise makes you feel awesome
    - I can do what I set my mind to
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I learned that losing fat and keeping muscle doesn't result in as dramatic a weight loss as far as pounds, but makes for one helluva transformation.

I learned that pizza, bagels, pasta and garlic bread are not my enemies and don't have to be avoided.

I learned that it's a lot easier than I ever thought it should be... that there's such a thing as trying too hard and it's the equivalent of spinning your wheels. Better to go slower and shift it into low gear.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I have learned that people notice. Having lost 45 lbs(42 before coming here and three since), people that haven't seen me in awhile tell me great motivating things!
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    My body can do things I never thought possible.

I can be strong at 42.

I love myself enough to care.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Nothing profound. Life's just nicer and easier when you're not heavy. My body no longer inhibits me from doing physical things I want to do (kayaking, camping, sex...the important stuff).