Take a look at my diary............Please tell me what exact

Options
I have changed things up many different times, I've upped my calories, I've lowered my calories, I've lowered my sugar, I've lowered my carbs............I cant seem to shed a single pound. If you tell me to eat more please share a menu plan with me or give me suggestions because I just don't know how I could possibly eat more. I burn about 2,000 calories per week by teaching Zumba alone. I have also bee lifting weights two to three days per week..........nothing major my heaviest is 10 pound db and maybe a 20 pounder here and there. I also run when I have a chance, but havent here lately. I eat clean, I have only been eating one serving of fruit because I saw that my sugar intake was kind of high. I tried to cut my sugar back to around 19 grams a day and my carbs down to around 70 a day, but my body rebelled........I had no energy and wanted to sleep and that is definately not me, I am a very hyper individual. I have been fighting this battle for over a year..........I really want to lose 10-15 pounds. Please help. I do occasionaly treat myself, but not normally.

Replies

• DestinationFitnessChick
    Options
    I also need to add that I wear a Bodybugg and my total calorie burn is between 2,000 and 2,400 calories per day.........depending on whether I work out or not.
  • azazelrabbit
    Options
    Perhaps you are burning fat off with all your workouts and deficits, but you're also gaining muscle when you train and teach zumba.
    Muscle is generally heavier than fat.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    How are you coming up with the number of calories burned from exercise that you're logging? Are you subtracting the number of calories you would have burned any way without exercising? What are your MFP inputs (weekly weight loss goal, activity/lifestyle setting)? Do not include your dedicated exercise workouts in your activity setting.

Do you use a digital food scale to accurately measure everything that goes into your mouth? Are you logging beverages and things used to cook with (oils, butter, marinades, etc.)? Most people drastically underestimate food portions.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    No muscle is not heavier than fat. 1 pound of muscle weighs the same as 1 pound of fat. Muscle just takes up less space compared to fat.

To the OP, not sure what to suggest. Maybe you should have allowed more time to adjust to lower carb? Have you had your thyroid checked?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i have had a look at the last few days, theres not much in the way of fruit and veg?

if your HRM says u burn between 2000 and 2400 cals per day, you should be taking 500cals off this to get the number to eat to lose a pound per week.
    Options
    The calories burned comes from my Bodybugg, it is very accurate.........I have a hrm as well and it says the same as the Bodybugg. I don't cook with oils ............all of my food (turkey burgers, chicken, etc) is all grilled on a George Foreman grill. I don't drink beverages with calories. Vegetables are steamed in a steamer and I measure those out into one cup servings, I measure salad dressing also..........I use Yogurt dressing which is low in calories, fat and sugars. I only drink water and green tea that is sweetened with stevia. Yes my food is weighed out, I put turkey burgers and chicken in individual servings and freeeze. I have my MFP at the lowest setting because I am a teacher and my daily acitivity varies. My Zumba playlists are never the same so my body doesn't get used to the same level all the time.

I'm sure I have gained some muscle, but as the poster said muscle does not weigh more than fat,a pound is a pound, muscle is however leaner. I have seen some muscle definition, however I have lots of loose skin from weighing over 200 pounds at one point in my life!
  • Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    more protein. i know once I added more protein i started dropping alot nicer.
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I eat clean, I have only been eating one serving of fruit because I saw that my sugar intake was kind of high.

fruits and veggies have natural sugar...as long as most of your sugar intake comes from them...then I wouldn't worry about how high your sugar is...
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I can't claim super success. I've been trying to lose for 3.5 weeks, and I've lost 4 pounds, not too impressive, But this is what I see when I look at your food diary:

You have lots of processed calories, the health food kind. Meal replacement bars and scoops of stuff, that doesn't work for me. What works best for me is eating as clean as possible, you know, food that looks like it came from this planet. I'm not vegan or paleo, and I have three kids who still need to be cooked for, and I feed them regular food, but also lots of healthy stuff. You might try eating more fruits and veggies and regular lean meat for your nutrients. Don't know if it will help, but it might be worth a try!

Good luck!
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    What's your BMR and are you regularly eating under that?
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options

You have lots of processed calories, the health food kind. Meal replacement bars and scoops of stuff

I noticed this too...both the bars and scoops had high cals and high sugar
    I use whey protein powder...but it only has 110 cals per scoop and no sugar
    Options
    According to MFP my BMR is around 1275, but I don't agree with that. I am a numbers person and I really love my Bodybugg and feel that it is correct. I burn around 1800 calories per day even if I go to work and do nothing else. So Im pretty sure that my BMR is higher than 1275. So yes I do eat under that........I just don't know what else to add to get more calories!
    Options
    The Body By Vi protein shake (which is what I usually use) only has 90 calories and 1 gram of sugar and has lots of vitamins and minerals that I prob wouldn't get elsewhere
  • sydneysider
    sydneysider Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Fitnesschicki... i had a look at your diary and i want to say i see alot of processed foods and meal replacement products ... i lost 25 kilos (not sure in pounds) by following a very regimented eating plan. All it was - was fruit, vegetables and meats... i barely ate carbs if it was .. just during the day and usually a sandwich... i know alot of people who have found success from meal replacements but i seriously dont think that is the way --- way better to just eat real food.

Hope that doesnt sound harsh but i think you should give it a go without the replacement products.. Good Luck!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    more protein. i know once I added more protein i started dropping alot nicer.

Totally agree. You should have a good amount of protein, complex carbs and a vegetable/fruit with just about every meal. Especially breakfast. Doesn't have to be meat. Greek yogurt - with protein grams higher than sugar grahams, is just as good.
    Options
    Hey Fitnesschicki... i had a look at your diary and i want to say i see alot of processed foods and meal replacement products ... i lost 25 kilos (not sure in pounds) by following a very regimented eating plan. All it was - was fruit, vegetables and meats... i barely ate carbs if it was .. just during the day and usually a sandwich... i know alot of people who have found success from meal replacements but i seriously dont think that is the way --- way better to just eat real food.

Hope that doesnt sound harsh but i think you should give it a go without the replacement products.. Good Luck!
  • hdlb123
    hdlb123 Posts: 112 Member
    Options

You have lots of processed calories, the health food kind. Meal replacement bars and scoops of stuff

I noticed this too...both the bars and scoops had high cals and high sugar
    I use whey protein powder...but it only has 110 cals per scoop and no sugar

There is a ton do processed calories. I noticed in your OP that you "eat clean"?...you might want to re-read up on that. Most of what is in your diary is not "clean". Special K bars, ritz crackers, pizza, premade soups, and a ton of protein powders/bars.
    Options
    No harsh is good........Im frustrated and need all the advice anyone can give me Is your diary public?
    Options
    hdlb123........... go back to last week and the week before this week was not a good week and is not at all typical of my eating...except for the protein powders . I did eat pizza from the school cafeteria one day, but that is like the 2nd time I have even eaten in the school cafeteria. The soup was actually homemade I made it in my crockpot with fresh veggies and chicken. I normally do not eat ritz crackers and usually leave them on the shelf at the grocery store.
  • andreaeose777
    andreaeose777 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters about meal replacement stuff. Eat more real protein. Also no artificial sweetners. Look at your protein powder see if it has sugars or artificial sweetners such as asparatame, or splenda, or sucrolose. Xtylitol and Stevia is okay. You might also want to read the book "making the cut" by jillian micheals, this talks about how to loose those last 10 lbs. Good luck and great job on the 80lbs so far.