Never have time for exercise

Options
I'm a busy student. I got to school at 7, band after school so I stay after til about 5 or 6, I hang out with friends for like another hour and then I go home to do my homework and sleep. I have no time to exercise! What are some exercises I can do in between school or any other tips you guys have?

Replies

• SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    maybe you can get your friends to go for a walk for part of that hour
  • jamja72
    jamja72 Posts: 192
    Options
    It will only happen if you make it a priority.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    When something is important enough, you make the time.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Cut your time with your friends to half an hour and use that time. Or get up earlier and go exercise. (I get up at four some days)
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options

I have 3 kids and a husband to spend time with plus a full time job. It's hard. I've been getting up earlier on work days (don't really like it) and getting in 30 min on my exercise bike before getting me ready for work and everyone ready for school. Then I squeeze in another small workout later in the evening. It's hard but worth it.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I work from 8am-6pm at a nursery and I do agree it can be hard fitting it in, but because I know it's important I make time. I do a quick ten minute walk in the morning then again after work. I also go for a thirty-fifty minute walk on my lunchbreaks, I eat whilst walking so I'm not missing out on my lunchtime lol. It's not about losing weight for me, I'm trying to gain two stone. This is about getting my body healthy, therefore exercise is just as important as a good balanced diet.
    I understand you have a busy schedule but you can always fit it in somehow:) Take care.
    xxx
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options

This. Make it a priority. Get up earlier, run outside, don't hang out with your friends everyday, use the weekends, and don't make excuses. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    So when you are ready come back and see us!

First off...how old are you again?

Sounds like high school......
  • RNmomto4
    RNmomto4 Posts: 143
    Options
    Have your friends do it with you! Even if its something fun....like zumba, a fun DVD, or just a nice long walk.

I have 4 kids under 5.5, my husband and I both work full-time, and I am also a grad student. I am also training for a 10K, so I have to push myself to get up early in the morning or workout after the kids go to bed. I have to make it a priority, or I wont do it
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I have 2 toddlers and a family too. The alarm goes off at 4 AM, in the gym by 4:30. Sometimes my lunch hour turns into a workout too. There are very few valid excuses really.
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else has said, it is all about priorities. Get your friends to work out with you. Play soccer, frisbee golf, dodge ball or basketball. All burn calories and is a lot of fun!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options

This.
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Never say never...
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    How do you get to and from school? Could you walk or ride your bike instead? Working your exercise into your transportation is a real time saver and helps make it a habit.
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options

Agreed!!!
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wake up at 6
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    That hour you hang out with friends is enough time. You only need 30 minutes to get a good workout in! It's not impossible, you just have to make time.
  • Skip hanging out with your friends after band class on some days, if they're your good friends then they will be cool with it. Im like you except my day ends at 1130 pm and starts at 7am. Soooo my only advice to you, is whenever you think about how your going to do something, never rule out a possibility as "impossible" or "I can't do that", if your mind thought of it, its possible!
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    30 day shred is about 20 minutes
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    I'm a busy uni student. leave house at 6am, UNI GYM at 7am to 9am. classes til 4pm. travel to my MMA gym, train 5.30pm to 8.00pm. Every single day, i have no time to even socialize with my friends. If anything, i make time to socialize, i don't make time to train, training is my second priority, study is first. So what's more important to you? that is what you should ask your self.