baby belly...does it ever go away?

Options
I had a big baby boy last April ( he was 9lbs 3 oz and my first :). I put on too much weight on top of him being big. I was just wondering from the fellow moms out there.... does the little baby pooch ever go away? Mine has gotten smaller and when I stand up and suck in I look all nice and flat again, but when I sit down.... or even the thought of wearing a bathing suit this summer...is there hope lol??

Replies

• qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    The fact that yours had gotten smaller is a good sign. I have skin sagginess when I sit down/bend over, and it's a lot better now since I started working. When I looked at my picture from my vacation last week, I didn't noticed much sagginess while sitting down in my bikini. I am sure there's still sagginess, but not as noticeable.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    It can and will if you work hard enough. My daughter was 10 pounds, but I can't put all the blame on her. I was big before I had her. But I know someone who was just as big as me with a butt belly as I call it, who worked her *kitten* off for the last year, and now if it weren't for stretch marks I would never guess she had two kids.
  • RynoSada15
    RynoSada15 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    no... you look amazing! no sagginess in your pic :) It's nice to know that hard work will help, and that there is hope:ohwell:
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Mine did. But it decided to come back when I turned 42. I'm working on getting it back.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Nope, your baby will always have a belly. Even when it grows up to be 99, the belly will still be there. Hope you can sleep better tonight with this reassurance :)
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I sure hope it does because I just had my 4th and final baby in December and hope to get back to where I was when i found out I was pregnant with him. I didn't have a flat tummy but it was starting to disappear!
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I can't answer this one yet, but I'm hoping yes...I also have a belly from having 2 kids and it is getting smaller and smaller but as of now, it still exists..I think if it does go away, it will be the last to go..
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I have had 6 kids and gained 50-60/child and the last 4 were 9lbs and over.

The baby belly does go away if you work at it. My problem is that extra skin. I look fine standing up, but when I sit or bed over, it is there. Not as bad as fat and baby skin mixed together. :)

But, yes, you can get rid of that baby pooch!!!
  • HittingHerStride
    Options
    I read on other post that if you build muscle in the area of loose skin even if it requires gaining weight (because of course muscle weight) it can change the appearance of saggy skin.

http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i just can't seem to get rid of mine! I had a flat belly before my son and he's 5 now and i still can't get rid of it. i can see i am more defined since working out but there it is a belly pouch! it doesn't seem to want to shrink.....
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    My children are 31 and 33 and I still have it. It's a wonderful reminder of a beautiful event.
  • TinkrBelz
    Options
    I read on other post that if you build muscle in the area of loose skin even if it requires gaining weight (because of course muscle weight) it can change the appearance of saggy skin.

Yes, mine does look better...just not that pretty tummy from my 20s.

OK moms...do this. Look up Stomach Vacuums. This works your transverse abs. This will actually pull in your abs. Mine do not look as good as the ones that you will see if you google it, but I do them all of the time.

Also, do planks. Those also work the same muscles. I have great ab muscles, but this has trimmed my tummy. I always looked bloated and could not figure why I had muscles but looked bloated. But, now that I have been doing the planks and vacuums, the tummy is so much flatter!!! I recommend it 110%
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

OK moms...do this. Look up Stomach Vacuums. This works your transverse abs. This will actually pull in your abs. Mine do not look as good as the ones that you will see if you google it, but I do them all of the time.

Also, do planks. Those also work the same muscles. I have great ab muscles, but this has trimmed my tummy. I always looked bloated and could not figure why I had muscles but looked bloated. But, now that I have been doing the planks and vacuums, the tummy is so much flatter!!! I recommend it 110%

All these years, I've been doing the stomach vacuum without knowing that it works the transverse abs.
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Nope, your baby will always have a belly. Even when it grows up to be 99, the belly will still be there. Hope you can sleep better tonight with this reassurance :)

Haha! That was cute! it made me giggle!
  • TinkrBelz
    Options

All these years, I've been doing the stomach vacuum without knowing that it works the transverse abs.

Yep! Some people can do it naturally and never realized that it is working your transverse abs.

Then there are those like me, that wonder, how in the world can you girls pull it in so far!!! haha! But, it is a great way to pull in your abs!!!
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    i hope it does
  • LindsayE007
    LindsayE007 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I sure hope it does too! My abs always bounced right back after the first 2 but #3 did me in. And I only gained 19 pounds with him! I hate how my stomach always looks bloated and poochy : ( I am REALLY hoping lifting and losing these last 11 pounds will get rid of it!