I've always struggled w weight

Options
I am 24 years old and I weigh the most I have ever weighed in my life. I have always struggled with weight loss, and I've always considered myself to be 'chubby'. Unfortunately, the last few years were terrible to me and I just let myself go. I gained over 75 pounds, and went from pleasantly plump to extremely unhealthy and obese. I feel that I'm too young to except this, and live my life as "The Fat Girl." Now that I'm getting older I want to start having a family with my husband, but I need to get a grip first and lose this weight! I'm looking for support and motivation on here, because I know I can't do this on my own! I am ready to change my life!!

Replies

• laura_fat2fit
    laura_fat2fit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me, we could all do with motivation and support, I've only been on here about a week. Good Luck! :)
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I've never struggled with weight. I've watched it go up, up, up, and I've seen it come down, down, down. My struggle was more with what I ate than with what I weighted...though i suspect the two might be related. Address the problem, not the symptom. Your real battle is with food and exercise, I'd bet. Eat less, move more and smile because you love it!
  • anne018
    anne018 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Im the exact same as you... i have always been chubby, but i decided that it was time to change. I will be happy to help you with your weight loss :) ill add you as a friend
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    you are welcome to add me also. I have struggled with the eating as well and the weight
  • lovepink87
    Options
    I've been there too! It's a struggle for sure. My weight has gone up and down my entire life i feel like i can never find a happy medium. This is a great place to get started and get support. :)
  • trasista4
    trasista4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ebarley, I am here to help you in any way I can. It's important not to give up and to Breathe, Eat and Move! Start off walking and each day add 5 minutes, till you're up to an hour a day. For me, To learn what to eat and what not to eat I printed out the shopping list for phase one of the south beach diet. It helped me. I was a thin child, but by the time I was 22, I had all 3 of my children. Struggeled with my weight ever since. YOU GOT THIS! Trasista4
  • cakuni
    cakuni Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 and I've been struggling with weight gain for many years. Feel free to browse my profile and add me as a friend if you like. Just leave short message when you send the invite.

Good luck!

-Christine