My Husband...my boyfriend

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
My husband and I have been married for many, many, MANY years...he's always been so good to me, always. Even as my weight ballooned up and up and UP over the years (after we started having children late in life), he's never criticized nor really complained about my looks and always brought home my favorites chocolates, goodies and all kinds of fattening treats for me, because he knew I loved them. He's (of course) still almost the exact same slim and trim size and as handsome as when we were in High School, and looks even better now then he did way back when. Even though he's my husband, I've always called him my "boyfriend" too.

Well, things are changing in him, something fabulous these days of my shrinking. He's telling me things that he NEVER has before, although he never complained about my weight, he never really verbally expressed himself the way he's been doing everyday now. He's now telling me things that are so tender and encouraging and romantic. He's really acting like the childhood sweetheart that he was many moons ago, and it's mind blowing and sooooo terrific. He and the family have totally forsaken the ways of our past S.A.D. Diet (Standard American Diet) and are eating healthy and going along with tasting, eating and drinking the "weird" stuff I am. He's no longer bringing home "baddies/so-called goodies" and treats anymore and is now bringing home my new love goodies (Organic fruits and veggies and healthy stuff for me and HIM and the kids)!!!!!

I heard him tell the children last night, (I went to bed while they watched a movie) "mommy's on a mission and we all have to do everything in our power to help mom out more and more around here and make her life easier so that she can concentrate more on what's she's doing and to keep her happy as we can and at peace because SHE"S REALLY LOOKING GOOD".

WHAT?????? Even though I've been I call my husband my boyfriend for years, he's really more and more turning into my boyfriend and I LOVE IT!!!! Wow, this lifestyle change is bringing in tremendous benefit, far more than kicking ugly excess pounds and inches to the pit where they belong, but also PEACE and LOVE is coming right along with it--WOA, that's a super duper NSV for and to me.

Replies

• laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That's the cutest story. Thanks for sharing...that's definitely a NSV :)
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a GREAT husband/boyfriend...
  • tanklissa
    tanklissa Posts: 70
    Options
    I love this! What a sweet post!
  • busyblkgirl
    busyblkgirl Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    That's a beautiful NSV! I love it, and kudos to your incredibly sweet hubby/boyfriend, he's truly your blessing :o)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    What a sweet story!
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    This made me cry. What a dear man. And you are fabulous.
    Thanks for sharing.
  • 2kidsandadonut
    2kidsandadonut Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    That is so sweet! You must have a hubby/bf like mine! I've been seeing the same changes in him. Props sister!
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I cried when I read your post. You have a beautiful love story. Thanks so much for sharing!
  • MellyMartinson
    MellyMartinson Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been married for many, many, MANY years...he's always been so good to me, always. Even as my weight ballooned up and up and UP over the years (after we started having children late in life), he's never criticized nor really complained about my looks and always brought home my favorites chocolates, goodies and all kinds of fattening treats for me, because he knew I loved them. He's (of course) still almost the exact same slim and trim size and as handsome as when we were in High School, and looks even better now then he did way back when. Even though he's my husband, I've always called him my "boyfriend" too.

Well, things are changing in him, something fabulous these days of my shrinking. He's telling me things that he NEVER has before, although he never complained about my weight, he never really verbally expressed himself the way he's been doing everyday now. He's now telling me things that are so tender and encouraging and romantic. He's really acting like the childhood sweetheart that he was many moons ago, and it's mind blowing and sooooo terrific. He and the family have totally forsaken the ways of our past S.A.D. Diet (Standard American Diet) and are eating healthy and going along with tasting, eating and drinking the "weird" stuff I am. He's no longer bringing home "baddies/so-called goodies" and treats anymore and is now bringing home my new love goodies (Organic fruits and veggies and healthy stuff for me and HIM and the kids)!!!!!

I heard him tell the children last night, (I went to bed while they watched a movie) "mommy's on a mission and we all have to do everything in our power to help mom out more and more around here and make her life easier so that she can concentrate more on what's she's doing and to keep her happy as we can and at peace because SHE"S REALLY LOOKING GOOD".

WHAT?????? Even though I've been I call my husband my boyfriend for years, he's really more and more turning into my boyfriend and I LOVE IT!!!! Wow, this lifestyle change is bringing in tremendous benefit, far more than kicking ugly excess pounds and inches to the pit where they belong, but also PEACE and LOVE is coming right along with it--WOA, that's a super duper NSV for and to me.
    What you have is very rare and wonderful! Enjoy it! I hope this is what mine is like after many many years of being married. Keep us updated on your progress!
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh, I love this post. Sounds like you got yourself a good man!
  • tlrmy2friends
    Options
    That is so romantic! He sounds like a really nice guy. Keep staying awesome on your weight loss journey!
    My husband has been out of state working for the past 2 1/2 months. He comes back home the the end of this month and I am hoping to surprise him with a 15 ish pound weight loss. He to has never said anything as I have put on weight from having 4 kids in 5 years. ( my kids are 7,6,3&2. I am 36.)
  • StephnElbow
    StephnElbow Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    that is amazing!
    you hold on to that man. He obviously loves you more than words can describe. and keep going on your journey, you and your whole family are benefiting from it :)
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    He sounds wonderful! You're a lucky woman :)
  • ice99706
    ice99706 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Sooo awesome to have that kind of support. Congrats on the NSV!!!
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Where's my Kleenex??

That is a beautiful story - I'm totally jealous, but so happy for you.
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    And that is a fantastic husband!! Thank you for sharing! And way to go on your lifestyle change!! :happy:
  • SmallerBecky
    Options
    That's so beautiful! <3
  • alicat129
    alicat129 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, everyone needs someone like that in life :)
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Wow, here I am in a crazy, snarky, sarcastic mood and you just derailed that train. That's an awesome story and I just want to bookmark this page to post on all the "My SO isn't supportive threads." Thank you for showing us that there are supportive SOs out there!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Awwwww, that is such a sweet story. Really, how freaking awesome he is... I'm so happy for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!