Does the 30 day shred really work?

Options
Im now to MFP and I was just curious if anyone has had success with Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred? Ive only done 2 days and I'm just not sure if it is worth dedicating my workouts every day to that one video!

242349.png

Thanks,
Kim

Replies

• stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    Well I did half of level one and I burnt 134 calories. Its just a workout dvd. I think all that really matters is something you enjoy that you can put a lot of effort into.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I personally don't count it as enough of a workout- I think if people do it they should do 2 levels in one day to count it as a workout- I couldn't make it to the gym and I was like I will just do 2 levels tonight (haven't done it since I bought it long ago before I became a gym rat- I was actually annoyed that I didn't get a good workout after doing 2 levels.

I wasn't even sore from the weights but then again I lift heavier weights and do more reps/sets then she was doing in the video- and the cardio wasn't that intense for me either- As for calories I didn't burn enough at all.

But I think its a good beginner video

Maybe doing it with other workouts would be fine so you know you are really getting a good workout-
  • ptrad
    ptrad Posts: 22
    Options
    I think it depends on your fitness level, etc. I found that parts of the program overused my shoulders, neck, which are areas of body that I have had injuries in in the past (i.e., tendonitis, frozen shoulders, degenerativearthritis). So it really depends on y ou. I tend to modify exercises to my needs and always, always stretch way more in more areas than she even addresses in her dvd.
    Best!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I have it and use it, but it's not enough of a workout for me in and of itself. I normally do it as a supplement to my kickboxing game that I play on my PS2 ( in the four weeks since I have started playing it, I have noticed a marked improvement in the muscle tone in my legs and shoulders, as well as an increase in my endurance.)

I also have the "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism" and "No More Trouble Zones", which I do sometimes when I need an extra workout.
  • sineadm09
    sineadm09 Posts: 113
    Options
    welcome x
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I LOVE 30 Day Shred....
    First of all.....It really kicks my butt!!! (I'm on day 6 of level 1)
    Second, Jillian just ROCKS!!!
    Third, I'm really seeing my body change!! I lost 9 lbs in 4 weeks. I haven't been doing 30 Day Shred for the whole 4 weeks, but I am so glad that I found it. I love that it really pushes me... My endurance is really getting better!!

BTW...I switch things up... I don't EXCLUSIVELY do 30 Day Shred.
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    if you're working to your personal MAX, then yes it's a workout every time. no matter your fitness level it can always increase. I've been doing it for months and it has changed my body. WAY more efficient and better than cardio workouts alone. sometimes I add a little extra too it, but many times I do it alone. For me, it has been nothing short of amazing.

Cindy:heart: