28ys old with 50lbs to lose!

Options

Replies

• zaba13
    zaba13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    I am a little older than you 32 and 197 lbs, looking to lose about 50 myslef. LET"S DO THIS!!! :smile:
  • LJ0508
    LJ0508 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 with 50lbs to lose. Good luck to everyone on their journey!
  • schoon82
    schoon82 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm 21 with about 70 lbs to lose. CW is 237 GW is 170.
    I was on here before, but quit after not doing much at all. I came back this week after a year off, full force. I'm ready to get rid of this fat unhealthy girl and I'm ready to be more confident in myself by losing some weight.

:)
  • domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    37 with 72 lbs to lose... it crept up on me over the years and strangely, I'm now heavier than my heaviest pregnancy weight. Hitting 200 when pregnant was one thing, but seeing the scale at the doctor's office read 210 when my child is almost 5... was a wake-up call. So here I am and looking forward to getting back to my 22 year old weight. I know it will take a long time but I'm in no rush!

We can all do this!
  • iamtawn
    iamtawn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also new to this site, and like most people in this thread, I have been "start-stopping" diets and exercise for a number of years. I am 28, soon to be 29 and I want to lose about 34 lbs. I have never successfully lost any weight and in the past 5 years I have only been gaining more weight. I am currently 154.3 lbs and my goal weight is about 120 lbs. I am 5'5".

I've noticed over the years that I am more and more tired. I don't want to do those stupid diets, I want to incorporate new lifestyle changes and habits that will ultimately reshape everything about myself. i want to be a part of a circle of friends where we can share our motivations and sorrows and help each other to reach our goals. I think without the help of others, reaching our goals is just a bit harder to accomplish.

Let's make this a joint effort and keep in touch! :)

Thanks for listening,
    Tawn*
  • carlaunderconstruction
    Options
    Hi, I'm 29 working on loosing 85 pounds. I lost 15 on my own, 10 since mid January with MFP, and now I have 60 to go!
  • SuzyQq02
    SuzyQq02 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 27, also from MA, and my highest weight was 197. :-) I'm at 168 now, aiming for 150! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • rntmjackson
    Options
    Honestly, I'm 29 and in the exact same boat. We weigh the same and have the same goal. It's hard. I've fallen and gotten back up so many times I've lost count. The important thing is that we're here, we know that we need to do something about it and have acknowledged we have an issue. We can do this :D
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 and I've lost 52 lbs with a few more to go.
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and aiming for a 56 lb loss, total. Over halfway there and only 16 to my first goal!
  • BreezyChristine
    Options
    Hello, I'm 34 with 42 lbs or so to lose. Just started MFP and also looking for some motivation and inspiration pals! Feel free to add me. I'm a product of yo-yo dieting. I'm looking to get it right this time, once and for all. MFP seems like a really great resource and is giving me a sense of accountability...just hoping I can stick with it, too!
  • SublimelyMe
    Options
    I'm 27 with at least 50lbs to lose so maybe we can help each other along the way? :) I've added you
  • APPLETON29
    APPLETON29 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 and fast approaching 30. I have 95lbs to lose! Today i've entered in to "race for life" 5k run this June! Never thought i would be saying that. I think it helps to give yourself little challenges and goals to aim for and keeps you motivated.

Add me if you like x
  • lola8403
    lola8403 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    27 years old and trying to lose about 40 lbs! Good luck on your journey!
  • Keightisgr8
    Keightisgr8 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My name is Kate, and I'm 27. I've lost 50 lbs (I was at 60lbs lost and gave up, which was dumb) and I'm back at it to lose another 50! Feel free to add me if you'd like, I'm good at commenting on things for all you comment lovers :)

Gotta keep it positive or it will feel like a chore!
  • milatham
    milatham Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm 28 with about 40 lbs to lose - let's be friends!
  • ezramedic
    ezramedic Posts: 119
    Options
    I am nearly 28 and I was 196 when I started. (I'm 5"7)

As of today I am 170lbs! I just slowly, slowly, slowly got bigger and biggers. My goal is 155 - I was 158 when I got married - so I'm excited to achieve this and be able to say "I'm smaller then when I got married!"

Stay the course - you can do it. Log in every day. Do SOME sort of physical activity every day. Track everything. Allow yourself take out (there are healthier options, so you can still stay in your calorie allowance)

Yes, it's not easy, but it's not hard. You CAN do this.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'm about to be 28 and had 50 to lose as well (32 left to go). Feel free to add me!
  • chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 as well and started with a goal to lose 60 lbs--from 225 lbs to 165 lbs. So far, I'm 35 lbs down! So, you can do it! Just STICK WITH IT even and especially on the days when you don't wanna! And hey, here's a great tip: on the days when you say to yourself, "I've been really good lately, I deserve a day off!"--DON'T do it! In fact, on those days, PUSH YOURSELF EVEN HARDER! You can take a day off when you drop all 50 lbs! ;) Good luck!
  • MalDunc2012
    MalDunc2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    In your same boat! I'm 26, starting weigh 193, current weight 179, goal weight 150. We can do this! Feel free to add!