Vitamins

Options
Hey everyone! I have a question about vitamins.

This last Monday I started taking a women's pack-a-day that contains 7 different pills to take that include a blend of more then 30 vitamins. Ever since I have started taking them I have been extremely bloated. Is the normal when first starting to take this many vitamins or is it something that may continue to happen?

Replies

• alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    are you taking them with food? vitamins are one of those pills that really should be taken with food, because they tend to upset your GI tract
  • italianbella03
    Options
    Yea, I have made sure to take them with food because I have gotten sick off of one multi-vitamin when I took it without food!
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I take a multivitamin like that, it doesn't make me bloated. What are you taking? I take Nature's Code for men under 50. I'd also like to add that I didn't pay for it. It was given to me.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I take several vitamins daily with my breakfast, and sometimes feel a temporary bloat, particularly if I had excess carbs at dinner. I take a multivitamin, fish oil, calcium and extra vitamin C.
  • eradik
    eradik Posts: 11
    Options
    I had to shuffle through two or three different brands before I found a multi that didn't upset my stomach, even with food. I cannot take Centrum Complete, Centrum Mens, or One-A-Day Energy Formula. I CAN take One-A-Day Mens. It's weird, but maybe theres a certain ingredient that doesn't agree with your stomach? Have you tried other brands?
  • nurseamysweeney
    Options
    Alot of the times you need to increase the amout of water you take in, and fresh fruit. They tend to bind u up.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Yea, I have made sure to take them with food because I have gotten sick off of one multi-vitamin when I took it without food!

It's crazy how nauseous they make you! I have to eat within twenty minutes or I feel like I'm going to vom.

Maybe try a few different brands to see what works with your body. Or see if your doctor can recommend one for you.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I usually take digestive enzymes with my multivitamin to help digest it. My stomach doesn't get upset like when I just take vitamins.