Turning 21, healthy drinks!?

Options
2»

Replies

• TeeferTiger
    TeeferTiger Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Slimming World says that spirits such as Vodka/Gin and diet mixer are the lowest "Syn" wise. Just make sure you drink water to ensure you don't dehydrate and have a good time :happy:
  • katelynpelerson
    katelynpelerson Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I like Crown Royal or Jack Daniels on the rocks, just to sip all night. Not too many calories, and you don't chug it.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Hehe. There's no such thing as a "healthy drink." Just have fun! It's your 21st birthday, you'll probably puke at the end of the night anyway. Just sayin ;). Happy birthday!
  • ilikeher
    ilikeher Posts: 78
    Options
    healthy alcohol doesn't exist.

Agreed.
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Tall vodka soda splsh of cranberry juice:) Looks girly, tastes good and not too bad on the calories. Definitely better for you than diet soda.

Happy Birthday!!!
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Eating before you drink to keep from getting drunk is not exactly true. You are still gonna get intoxicated from drinking and the only thing to make you sober again is time.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Order something you can sip for a long time--maybe red wine for its anti-oxidants. Sugar free tonic with lime tastes as good as gin and tonic to me and it looks like you are holding a drink. Have fun.
  • TheNewDoug
    Options
    I drink Southen Comfort and diet soda, like 70 cals, and for beer I drink Budweiser Select 55, 55 cals. The select tastes good, mgd 64 tastes more like beer though. I think both of them are about half the alcohol content of a regular lite beer so you won't get as buzzed.
  • tmowen89
    tmowen89 Posts: 5
    Options
    Whoever invents healthy alcohol... will be a millionaire.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    It's ONE day. Have fun. Regret later.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Water is VERY low cal. :drinker:
  • Survivor1997
    Survivor1997 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Can I trade places with you...pretty please???

Enjoy yourself, you have only one 21st birthday in your entire, hopefully; very long life. Order whatever you like with extra ice. Worry about working it off when you are 21 years + 1 day old. Seriously.
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Happy early birthday, and enjoy! You only turn 21 once, and everything in moderation! :)

Wine spritzers are in my repertoire if I'm going to have a drink: 4oz of red wine, fill glass with ice, and top with diet 7UP/Sprite/Gingerale. Nice and fizzy and red wine is good for ya!
  • joeabo
    joeabo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I turn 21 this year as well and i hope not to gain a beer belly or anything. I think anything in moderation will be fine and as well not going out every other day.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    You turn 21 once. Have whatever the heck you want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My thoughts exactly!
  • Arani70
    Arani70 Posts: 84
    Options
    Just do a few shots and you will be good for the rest of the night XD
  • Keladry
    Keladry Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    spirits + soda water (the type with 0 calories) + a wedge of lime. If you don't like the taste of the basic spirits, go for something like sambucca or ouzo (designed to have with just water!) or a flavoured vodka. That adds a few calories but not as much as adding juice or soft drink does.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i get a flavored top shelf vodka and soda. it's about 100 calories a drink and since I dont drink that often anymore or don't eat many things that act as a sponge, 2 drinks is the most i can do.
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Vodka Lime & Soda.. about 50-60 calories a drink :)
  • StoutGirl09
    StoutGirl09 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I lived in the Dominican Republic for 3 months so my alcohol tolerance is still really high. I wont be doing the 21 shots haha bad news bears but i'm usually good with like 9 shots, haha.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES!!!