OPTIFAST 900

Options
Hello,
Is anyone using the medically supervised Optifast 900 program?
http://www.optifast.ca/
I'm going to be starting it in the next few days and am wondering how it is going for others?
Thanks,
Roberta

Replies

• kyb5521
    kyb5521 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been on it for 12 weeks. I was able to stay hard fast to the program the first five weeks and lost 25 pounds. At Christmas I deviated a little and since then have been in transition where you start adding food. I'm now sitting at about 40 pounds. It's a good program to get you motivated. I'm now at the point where I really need to crank up the exercise or I will start gaining back as I add food. I recommend Optifast, not long term, but a great way to get going.
  • monkeygrrrl
    Options
    I've been on the program for 5 weeks, 4 on shakes and have lost 30 pounds. It's a great starting point but I agree with the other poster that when transitioning you must exercise because you are going from 900 to 1200 calories a day. It's difficult but once you get into a routine things get easier.
  • mande999
    mande999 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'll be starting the OPtifast 900 program tomorrow! Just curious as to how you are doing on it and if you are seeing any results?!
  • feellikerain
    feellikerain Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm on the Optifast 800, halfway through my 11th week and I've lost 43.4 lbs so far. I've seen HUGE results. It was confusing at first, seeing the scale numbers go down, but not seeing a change in myself or feeling any different (besides hungry, lol), but after week 4 or 5 it all caught up with me and I saw massive changes! I'm down over 2 pant sizes, can see major changes in my face and arms, and feel all around more energetic.

My biggest recommendation (something I continue to struggle with) is find an exercise regimen that you can stick to!!! Dedicate yourself to it!! Optifast is temporary, so make sure you're going to get permanent results out of it! I know I don't want ANY of these 43 lbs coming back, I've still got a lot more to go!!

Best of luck, feel free to add me :]