Portland Marathon

Options
bugs759
bugs759 Posts: 22 Member
Is anyone training to the run the Portland (Oregon) Marathon? It will be my second.....after about a 12 year break! Just wondering.....
236343.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Replies

• amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    when is it?
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • bugs759
    Options
    It is on October 4th. I've heard it is one of the best. Great course and lots of support. It would be fun to share training info, etc....
  • juanitagf
    juanitagf Posts: 22
    Options
    I am registered for the Portland Marathon. It will be my first and it is on my 42nd birthday. I am really excited and a little nervous! Have an 18 miler this week!
  • bugs759
    Options
    You will do great....an 18 miler already......that is awesome! Keep me posted on your training. For my first marathon the longest run I did before was an 18. It didn't seem that bad because it was so exciting. Plus we ran pretty slow.....the goal was to finish.

I ran a 15 miler last week and am scheduled for 17 on Saturday.
  • bugs759
    Options
    Yay! I did it.....chip time was 4:38:32. Was a great run.........had some knee problems in lat August but was back at it about 3 weeks prior to the race. The time off slowed my time down a bit but that is okay with me. I am back on track with running and hopefully now can focus on the weight loss.
  • bugs759
    Options
    Juanita,

How did Portland go for you?