New to the site

Options
Hello all!

My name is April and I finally at my wits end with my weight. I had my daughter back in October 2011 and gained 25 pounds. After that I still kept on eating like I was pregnant. I don't get out of the house due to one vehicle that my husband takes to work so I sleep until my daughter gets up and lay around the house after doing my chores around the house and when I am not taking care of my daughter. I am constantly up and down with my daughter as well and it's taking its toll on me because of my weight. My knee literally pops out of place because of this excess weight. My actual weight should be 130 but I have never been below 225 since I was in middle school. I am also addicted to fast food. Usually I am too tired to cook so my husband and I eat out ALOT. It needs to stop. So yesterday after not being able to see my current weight because I am too heavy, I cried for a bit, picked up my last bit of motivation, and put in my fitness game. I started my journey with my husband at 11 o'clock last night. I burned 13 calories.

Here are my stats:

I am 22

I am 5'5

375+ pounds (Not sure of my current weight because I exceeded my scales maximum weight) My last known weight was after my PP baby check up with 367 as my weight.

I am starting the Your Shape Fitness for Kinect.

My goal is to be at 200 pounds by the end of the year

* This is my story. Please friend me if you are like me and need to lose more than a 100 pounds. I welcome all you beautiful people to be my friend. Thanks for reading my introduction =) *

Replies

• wolfehound22
    Options
    When I started I was at 305, that was 2 years ago and 75 pounds, its been a tough but rewarding journey. Feel free to add my if you want help keeping motivated.
  • burdette2009
    burdette2009 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations!! I will be sending a request =)
  • csouto
    csouto Posts: 30
    Options
    hello,
    I have been on this site since January 4th and I love it. I really starting gain my weight when I met my husband and his family frys everything!!! I gained 60lbs in 4 months of being with him. With 2 babies now and staying at home with my boys I managed to put on 40lbs more. My mom bought Curves a gym for women and asked me to come work with her. I love it but being fat and working at a gym just doesn't make sence so I am doing something about it. Since January I started working out and counting calories and I am down 25lbs that is 75 more to go. I am looking forward to my future and enjoying running around with my boys:) Please Add me I love the support. You can do this!!!!! Claire
  • burdette2009
    Options
    You are doing great!
    I will be sending a request! Thank you so much for the encouraging words!
  • lisasilver99
    lisasilver99 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Giving up the fast food is hard...I know. One tip I have is to spend one day cooking healthy things that you can quickly assemble into a meal in minutes. So take a day and cut up veggies, lean meats in good for you marinades and dump those in individual ziplocks, then you can grab one out of the freezer and stir fry up a meal in minutes.
  • burdette2009
    Options
    That's a great idea lisasilver99. I usually have no time to cook or I am too tired so this is very helpful information! Thank you!
  • KeJo03
    KeJo03 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I also have a lot of weight to lose but as I'm physically disabled exercising is almost impossible so I'm mainly doing it by counting those calories. It's hard but hopefully It'll pay off.

Keep positive and remember you can do anything if you put your mind to it! :happy: