First 1k - DONE!!!

Options
I did it! I did it! I finished my first ever 1mile today!

I know 1 mile may not seem like a lot, but for someone who is working on losing 100 pounds and has been relatively in active for the past year, I am very proud of this accomplishment.

And, I lost 7.3 pounds in the month of Feb!!!

Next up, I start training for my first 5k on Monday - I'm addicted to running!

Decide. Commit. Succeed!

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I wish you could feel the Huge Hug I am sending you!! Congratulations on becoming a Runner!! And on the 7.3 Pounds that you kicked to the Curb!! AWESOME!!
  • careyb31
    careyb31 Posts: 2
    Options
    1 mile or 1K? 1 K is less than a mile, but I bet it feels good to run that! Good for you, keep up good work.
  • VictoriaFitness2010
    VictoriaFitness2010 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It was actually 1 mile. I mapped the distance. I am not sure why they called it a 1k. We had an option to do 1k or 5k.
  • VictoriaFitness2010
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I wish you could feel the Huge Hug I am sending you!! Congratulations on becoming a Runner!! And on the 7.3 Pounds that you kicked to the Curb!! AWESOME!!

Thank you so much! Here's a big hug for you ((((((((((((hug))))))))))))!!
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I am sure the 1k will turn into 10k pretty soon and the weight will fall off before you know. Keep up the good work.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I can't wait until I can run a whole mile. :flowerforyou:
  • VictoriaFitness2010
    Options
    I did it! I did it! I finished my first ever 1mile today!

I know 1 mile may not seem like a lot, but for someone who is working on losing 100 pounds and has been relatively in active for the past year, I am very proud of this accomplishment.

And, I lost 7.3 pounds in the month of Feb!!!

Next up, I start training for my first 5k on Monday - I'm addicted to running!

Decide. Commit. Succeed!

Correction - 1 mile...not 1k
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    well done
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You ROCK--period! I'm so proud of you!!!!
  • VictoriaFitness2010
    Options
    Thanks so much! I feel awesome!!
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I am also working up to a 5k later this year, and am totally excited about the possibility that I might actually be able to do it in a respectable time! Good luck, and keep on running! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!