30 Day Shred (is this typical?)

Options
Nevermind. It won't let me post pictures, so I can't ask what I wanted to.

I put it up on my MFP blog instead.

(http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/cmm7303/view/30-day-shred-what-was-the-point-and-2-months-on-mfp-220938)

Why can't we add images OR use HTML in the message boards?

Replies

• 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    did you take measurments?! how do your clothes feel? what is your BMR and daily calorie goal?! Water intake? There are a LOT of things that factor into it. not just that but its only been two months. your body will take time to lose the weight. (it took time to put it on and usually takes more to take it off and a lot of work) dont give up it will come!
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Now I can see the pictures on your post. Your tummy def looks more toned. With Jillian you have to remember you are lifting (although lightly) so you will see different results than if you were just doing cardio. Your belly looks smaller and you can see curve coming on the side.. your girls also look a little higher :-)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You should be proud. There are noticeable differences in your belly, arms and butt. I know it can be frustrating to not see the numbers, but you shouldn't discredit how you look and feel. Great job.
  • Karen_ZH
    Karen_ZH Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of 30 Day Shred.

However, I totally see a difference in your pictures just from the Jan 31 to the March 2nd photos. Your abs look a lot firmer - and your overall body form seems firmer.

Your measurements clearly show that you are losing inches. Don't be discouraged by the scale, especially since your body is obviously reshaping from all of your hardwork.

~Karen
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    From personal experience, I'm finding that the inches and pounds seem to rotate on which wants to drop; in my first two weeks of aerobic and strength training I was losing pounds, and the next was inches. I'd be tempted to do the 30DS again and see if one fluctuates more than the other in Round 2.

But there IS a difference going on in those pictures. I'm all for giving it another go!
  • key1238
    key1238 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look much more toned after 3ds. Your stomach is flatter and more defined and you have much more lift to your bottom and your chest area. Keep up the good work!
  • trina433
    trina433 Posts: 96
    Options
    girl i look great!! seriously i can see the difference. keep it up!!! :)
  • birdieintx
    birdieintx Posts: 298
    Options
    I think a lot of people get sucked into that loose up to 20lbs in 30 days thing on the cover. You've had progress and results and it's noticeable! keep it up!
  • TurnLeftNow
    TurnLeftNow Posts: 171
    Options
    You lost weight and inches. No you should not be bummed. You did great and you look great.

You can post pictures on the forums. You just copy the link from photobucket and change the IMG to a lower case img.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    But you look great! I definately see a big difference. Don't be down on yourself, you were building muscle during this time. I would re measure myself though, you look like you lost more than just a few inches.
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people get sucked into that loose up to 20lbs in 30 days thing on the cover. You've had progress and results and it's noticeable! keep it up!

Oh, I never thought that would happen! :) I also ignore Jillian in Level 3 when she asks about how our 6-pack is coming. ::sigh:: PITA

I just wish I was feeling any better in my clothes (or out of them) after 2 months. They don't fit differently.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I did not lose as much my first time doing it but when I started the second round I realized how much stronger I had gotten. I was able to do the whole second round with higher weights and able to follow the advanced girl, Natalie, sometimes. The second time I did it I lost 17 inches. I'd say try it one more time and see what happens. Not for nothing though, I think you look more toned in your afters than in your befores so I think if you try it again you will be pleased. Good luck
  • feduh86
    feduh86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is good to just shock your body once in a while, like eat MORE than you normally would for a day , just to get out of that plateau! I know it sounds weird, but if you are eating the same amount of calories everyday, then your body will get used to it! Change it up, try having one day less and then a lil more (not crazy) and maybe the exact amount. Just try and get the average for the end of the week to be your set calories, for example: 1200 calories set, have 1300 one day, 1200, 900... etc as long as it averages out to 1200 by the end =)

Hope this helps =)
  • cmm7303
    Options
    Sometimes it is good to just shock your body once in a while, like eat MORE than you normally would for a day , just to get out of that plateau! I know it sounds weird, but if you are eating the same amount of calories everyday, then your body will get used to it! Change it up, try having one day less and then a lil more (not crazy) and maybe the exact amount. Just try and get the average for the end of the week to be your set calories, for example: 1200 calories set, have 1300 one day, 1200, 900... etc as long as it averages out to 1200 by the end =)

Hope this helps =)

Oh, I'm ALL over the place sometimes I have just 10 calories shy of my goal, sometimes 100, sometimes 300. It averages out, but I'm grumpy about the whole thing.
  • cmm7303
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouragement. I'm just feeling down about the lack of loss, either in weight or inches. I always tell myself it isn't what the scale says, but how I feel, and having made time for the stupid shred, regardless of my schedule, and busted my *kitten* on it every night for a month (going up in weight, getting to the harder versions of the exercises, etc), I was expecting something like the 17 inches the above poster had, if not actual weight lost. :(

This month, mostly cardio. I'll see about doing shred again in April.