Weigh-In everday?

Options
I don't weigh in everyday, more like once or twice a week. Should I be?

& I don't own a scale, is there a certain type to buy?

Replies

• BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I personally weigh in everyday. There are many here who are "once a weekers" though. Everyday for me as I use it as a motivation tool. Even if I gain a smidge I use it for motivation. There are all manner of scales out there. Some scales do everything but dress you in the morning and somejust tell weight. Personal preference really.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I prefer weighing in once a week because weight fluctuates so much.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    oh and any scale will do but be sure to make sure it's set correctly...I do this by weighing my 4 pound weights ensuring the scale reads 4 lbs.
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week. My mom weighs every day but only 'counts' it once a week. She says she just likes to keep an eye on things. :)

I guess pretty much any scale would do, some are super fancy and some are simple. What I got, and I LOVE it because I always feel I can trust that it's accurate, is one of the sorts they have in doctor's offices. The ones you stand on and slide the weights at the top. It was a birthday present to myself a few years ago, because they are fairly pricey for scales, but I love it.
  • biddy249
    biddy249 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Friday mornings, will not step on a scale but once per week. Not going to drive myself crazy with the numbers.
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Do whatever is right for you.

I used to weigh in once a week as I loved working hard towards a goal all week and then seeing the result on the scale. Once I got closer to my goal weight and the things slowed down weighing in weekly just became discouraging so I switched to every day and now understand every fluctuation and at what rate I am really losing or gaining etc.
  • NessasMommy081311
    NessasMommy081311 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but only count it once a week. I get pretty obsessed with my weight loss, so checking every day is encouraging to me. I use just a standard scale I got for like $15 at WalMart... I made sure it was accurate by putting a 5 lb bag of sugar on it to see if it read 5 lbs.
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Don't. You fluctuate naturally. I personally weight in once a week. Same time, same day (or approximately). Establishing a routine is what's important. And looking at a number can discourage you, so focus on eating healthy and exercising first.
  • cupcakestarz
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. Usually on Sunday right in the morning before breakfast.
    Don't weigh yourself everyday.
  • bwmiller1
    bwmiller1 Posts: 98
    Options
    i weigh in whenever i feel like it. you (and all of us) are more than a number. i have barely lost but i know i'm looking better, clothes are fitting nicer and i'm getting more attention. 3 lbs won't do that for me. just my opinion.
  • zebramama84
    zebramama84 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    for me its motivation, i am addicted to pop and its a reminder of how i got the weight that i am today, i agree its what works for you :)
  • ahubacek
    ahubacek Posts: 135
    Options
    I weigh in about once a week because I know that I get very obsessed with the number and would drive myself crazy over every little bit gained even when I know that my weight fluctuates naturally. I know some people use it for motivation, but as someone who has struggled with an unhealthy relationship with food in the past, I need to not focus so much on that number and more on they way I feel, the food I'm putting in my body, etc.

I don't have a brand of scale I recommend, but I do have one that also calculates BMI because I, personally, like to keep an eye on that number too.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale, never have. I weigh in once every 4-6 weeks when we stay at my parents' house.
  • Shinitaiwa
    Options
    Like many before me have said, weighing in daily is motivation for me. I tried weighing in weekly, but found it discouraging. I keep in mind the natural weight fluxuations that happen daily, but weigh myself every morning, first thing. I really think it's a personal preference, though. There's no hurt in trying the two different methods out and seeing which you like best.