Hi everyone! New here

Options
Hi my name is Jenny, I'm a married mom to 3 young kids under the age of 6. I gained a lot of weight with my pregnancies and now I have 115 lbs to lose. Started on Atkins a month ago and lost 16 lbs but realized that it's not a healthy lifestyle. I've joined a gym and now am tracking calories. Hoping to make some friends who also have some weight to lose!! One day at a time.

Replies

• BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Hey Jen!
    Welcome!
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome, feel free to add me :smile:
  • KatHawes
    KatHawes Posts: 4
    Options
    Welcome, i too am losing my "baby" weight, there is a great support team here....good luck to you!
  • chirichardson
    chirichardson Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you can add me too. I tried Atkins a few times. When I did it the way it said to do it, I lost weight. But, that way of eating is hard to maintain. I always crave what I'm told I can't have. I have about 95 pounds left to lose.
  • jobelle217
    jobelle217 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • Troyeee
    Troyeee Posts: 9
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I've been using this for a week now and it's helping a lot. I just posted a blog about my debauchery last night, but today is starting off on the right foot. Also, I'll be taking my first walk today while using the sports-tracker app on my phone. It uses GPS and your stats to calculate your calorie burn on a walk, jog or bike ride. It's also got a social side which seems cool. Myfitness is really helping me to be mindful of what I'm eating and drinking, and that's an important thing for those of us who mindlessly eat or drink. I also read a really touching blog yesterday, so it's nice to be here in a community of folks who are working through some of the same issues.

Peace,
    Troy
  • lanielee17
    Options
    hi jen! it's good to meet you. sounds like you and i are in similar boats. i had two pregnancies, back to back, and now am lookin' at atound 75 lbs to lose. add me as a friend and we can be weight loss buddies as well. i had done the atkins diet, on and off, from november until last month and finally realized how horrible it was for me, despite it's results. so im hoping this site works for me now. welcomes to the club!!!
  • SMN71
    SMN71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello & Welcome!!!! feel free to add me!!
    Good Luck
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! Feel free to add me :)
  • joannlynn12
    Options
    Hi there..You can all add me too if you want - I just joined this site today. My name is JoAnn