Calories Left

Options
I still have 545 calories left for the day. I thought about having a slice of wheat bread, with some peanut butter on it. I am planning to go to sleep very soon.

Should I have this or just let the calories go? I am not that hungry, so I'd be okay with not eating anything.

Replies

• paulkj
    paulkj Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    This happens to me all the time

Would love to see some responses.
  • jenane
    jenane Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How in the world do people always have so many calories left? I always always go over! And I eat small meals!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    If you're not hungry, don't eat it. I'm thrilled when I have calories left over. :smile:

exercise.png
  • cdgbelle
    cdgbelle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree. If you are not hungry, don't eat. Especially near bed time. I go over some days and under on others and just try to make sure it averages out over a weeks time.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    ditto on the not eating. your body knows what it wants. listen to it.
    if you find yourself with a lot of calories left over often, try planning your meals the night before so your not left with so many at the end of the night,

if you're finding it difficult to meet your calorie requirement, try adding things like nuts, cheese, avocados, and peanut butter (as you've already discovered) to your diet.
  • jesp1216
    jesp1216 Posts: 100
    Options
    i just started this today n im supposed to eat about 1,200 calories n i think for the whole day ive only eaten like 725 n ive burn about 1,500 lol idk how i got myself sooo screwed up today, food just doesnt appeal to me sumtimes, if ur not hungry then dont eat :]
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

If you have eaten at least 1200 calories of nutrition dense healthy food then just go to bed.

If you have eaten less than 1200 calories, plan better for tomorrow, then go to bed.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    545 are too many to leave--eat at least half of them. It's ok to eat close to bedtime, it's calories vs. calories out.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I keep dark chocolate in the house for the days where I'm just not eating enough calories.

There's *always* room for chocolate :bigsmile:
  • kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Options
    If you are not hungry, do not eat- eating when you are not hungry is a bad habit to begin...
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    When I have some leftover I have some cereal ... just a small bowl :wink:

I read on JM site if you don't eat enough cals your body goes into starvation mode and you won't lose any weight ...

If you can up your cals tomorrow and try and balance out the cals for the week :flowerforyou:

Quote based on someone who exercizes a lot :wink:

Food Tips

1. Eat more: Ninety percent of the time plateaus are caused by your body's survival mechanism of protecting against famine, which is triggered by calorie reduction. The best way to fix this quickly is to give your body a little more food so it feels secure. Varying your calorie intake is my best advice for keeping your body from plateauing: For the next three days vary your calorie intake between 1,800 and 2,400 calories. I know this may sound crazy, but trust me...I know what I'm doing. Then, after three days, drop back down to the calorie allowance that I have set for you through this program.

2.Reduce your sodium and DRINK LOTS OF WATER: Keep your sodium under 1,500 mg a day at most for as long as you can manage. You can achieve this in part by cutting all processed food out of your diet for two weeks.
  • nebulas
    nebulas Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i often have calories left over.... it depends on if i am in the mood for something or not, but often i treat myself to a skinny cow ice cream or some fruit (which i love so i usually go over on my sugar) or a home made crepe.

but really, if your not hungry don't eat. i find that staggering calories is good for me (eating over on some days and less on others) as i tend to feel fuller and, who knew, it is apparently good for your metabolism. Just make sure you aren't always that many under or your body could start storing b/c it is not getting enough.
  • smg1010
    smg1010 Posts: 21
    Options
    we all have our days when we're eating more or less- which is normal
    however if the habit of having so many calories left over is becoming more common you should really rethink the meals/foods you are trying to eat. eating so few calories can be very detrimental to your weight loss and slows down your metabolism - which you definitely don't want!