Good restaurants?

Options
So i was searching through some of the topics here on MFP and one caught my attention. It was a list of bad places to eat at and it seemed like it was almost anywhere. So my question is, who has actually been to a restaurant that is pretty good when it comes to calories and such for their meals, and if they could share these places it would be greatly appreciated =D

Replies

• VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I like Q'Doba and Chipotle, as well as Thai places. At Chipotle, I just get the bowl, since the tortilla has 300 calories!
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    I think any raw food or vegan restaurant is good but I eat a high raw food diet and most people don't. I think any place where you can get a salad and a piece of fish or meat that isn't laden with butter and fat
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I wrote a bit of a blurb, but deleted it. Much of my nutrition knowledge comes from mens health, and the research they do.

http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/restaurant-report-card

They go in-depth in some books/articles, and have tons more restaurants within their database.

You can find decent apps and pocketsized reference guides with lots of common restaurant nutritional info.
  • angelashay42
    Options
    Panera and Fresh City have all their calories listed on their boards. Don't know if you have those restaurants near you.
  • YennaBean
    YennaBean Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Calorie wise, Logan's Roadhouse is good. (I don't know if that's only in Austin Texas) They have 'health nut' dishes! (: I usually get a small steak, side salad, and steamed broccoli! Under 400 cals
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I can usually find something at any non-fast food restaurant I go to. Pretty much everyone has salad and fish or chicken. Get the dressing on the side and skip the dinner rolls or chips or whatever greasy "free" item they put on the table. And I drink lots of water. There are days where I research it in advance, do extra exercise and eat things that aren't 100% healthy.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I haven't found one that's really "good" if you're looking for like a sit down restaurant.

I do know that JB's (A chain in my state at least), has started putting their calories ON the menu instead of just having to look it up so we go there kinda frequently.

Also, Salad Creations is another chain in my state and they make a ton of different salads that are filling but depending on the salad, not too bad... it's the dressing that can be the problem and they have a variety or just pick everything besides the dressing. :)
  • drema2370
    drema2370 Posts: 21
    Options
    I like Panera and Q'doba. Panera has their calories listed and when I go to Q'doba i usually get a naked burrito. Low in calories.
  • renny_xoxo
    Options
    wendy's :D
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I think any raw food or vegan restaurant is good but I eat a high raw food diet and most people don't. I think any place where you can get a salad and a piece of fish or meat that isn't laden with butter and fat

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrp3KIWSs5BtndV7KLMrIA_x3yPtN2yMa7h-R-pe_bwXC4wwWV