hi everyone, im Kasey!

Options
I'm new here to MFP and just completed my first full week! I'm 23 years old and 5"4'. My starting weight was 193, which clearly puts me at risk for diabetes, heart disease, etc. After an emotional talk with my boyfriend last weekend about my rapid weight gain and unhealthy eating habits, I knew it was time for a change. My first week has been fantastic! Ive gone from a diet consisting of waffle fries, endless amounts of Kraft macaroni and cheese, and Chinese, to a new, more balanced diet of fish, cottage cheese, fruits, egg whites, etc. And guess what, I'm now down to 189 as of this morning!!! I lost 3.7 pounds my first week!

I made a promise to myself to cut out certain things: trans fat, soda (diet too), pasta, and juice! I feel so great now!! Please feel free to view my public diary to see what I eat and to give me any feedback!! Id really appreciate it! :)

I'm looking forward to meeting people here! Please add me so I can root you on in your journey as well!!!

Replies

• lanielee17
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss. thats always a terrific feeling. just keep up the good work...you dont have far to go! add me as a friend if you would like..i am new as well and need to lose around 75.
  • shygirlnot4u
    shygirlnot4u Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    congrats on your start! Keep it up and u will be so happy!. I'll add you and we can support each other :)
  • student94
    student94 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Congrats for starting! Admitting you need to make a change, and actually attacking your problem head-on can be so difficult to do. Keep up the great work, and remember not to get discouraged if the scale 'sticks' at a certain weight for a week or so.

Good luck! :smile: