New Here :)

Options
Well here goes nothing! Day 1 of my hope to be weight loss journey! I am a 23 year old female. I am 5'11 tall and I weigh 315 pounds. My goal is to be at 250, but lower than that would be fab-u-lus!!! My plan is to cut out soda and do exercises everyday. I walk on a daily basis to pick up my son from school, and it's 3 blocks up hill. I also bought the Zumba 2 wii game so I'm gonna start with 15-25 minutes a day. I should loose something with this I hope!

Best of luck to everyone!

Replies

• jdbaker01
    jdbaker01 Posts: 44
    Options
    good luck, we all in same boat here....like to encourage....:smile:
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    you are definitely on the right track. Cutting out soda would be a great first step. Make sure you incorporate fresh fruits and vegetables into your diet. Try to eat them at each meal. You will see the difference in no time at all. P.S. Watch your sodium intake... too much will make you retain water weight.

Remember to set goals you can achieve. Mini-goals along the way...
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! If you need some support, feel free to add me. :)
  • KenishaFitness
    KenishaFitness Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome To MFP! Where you will definitely find some motivating and inspiring friends. Just take one day at a time, and everything will fall in place. Your exercise plans sounds exciting. Good Luck!
  • brunettesrule
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Looks like you are on the right track already. Remember, one day at a time. Drink heaps of water, healthy foods and exercise and you should be on your way.

Regards, Brunettesrule
  • Panoriega
    Options
    Welcome...well this is the first step to a positive future. It is hard to lose weight but just do it day at a time and you will get through it. I do the wii boxing and I love it, I would do the Zumba but I have a disability that limits my range of motion. I use to go out dancing with my BFF alot and have a passion for dancing, especally Salsa music Your very young and have to look ahead for the sake of your kids, that is what makes me go, along with the encouragement of my BFF. :tongue: ...so the journey begins, make it a hell of a ride! :tongue:
  • Jessica_Henry74
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Cutting out the soda is gonna be one of the biggest challenges! But I'm trying to replace it with water and natural juices. I appreciate all the encouragement!

I'm still getting used to the site so I'm not really sure how all the buttons work yet, but I should have it figured out soon!

I need to buy a scale, too!
  • simonburrows
    simonburrows Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    get the scales come on in and looooooose that weight, add me for positive support
  • brunettesrule
    Options
    I have only just started too and have lost 2kg in two weeks. I do the Leslie Walk - Quick and Easy. Someone kindly uploaded them on you tube, so I save money and not buy the video and just added each video to my favourites..sorry rambling here.

So every morning I do a one mile walk (100 calories and 15 mins), then do more during the day (depends if I am working or not) and eating lite and easy for lunch and dinner and play on the kinect as well.

That is all I do and it doesn't feel like I am on a DIET and EXERCISING.

Yes the tracker will shock you with some items of food you put in. Watch the sugar content in the natural sugars, not real sure if you should count them or not when they are freshly squeezed by yourself. Am on another thread at the moment regarding this issue.

Sorry for the rambling, but have no husband and kid (14) still asleep, so no one to talk to.

The best of luck, have fun with it and take each day as it comes. Do you have Wii, P/Station or XBox at home?

Cheers, Jane
  • JonGrandi88
    JonGrandi88 Posts: 137
    Options
    Welcome Jessica! I Had The Same Problem you do with the soda but im coming close to the end of my first week and i tell you i dont even want it anymore you can do it but its going to be super tough im sure most of my 300lbs self is filled with soda and im slowly getting rid of it...... so if you need encouragement feel free to add me
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • heatherjo27
    heatherjo27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome & good luck! It sounds like you are really motivated & that's awesome!
  • Jessica_Henry74
    Options
    Yes, I have a wii. My main forms of excercise right now are walking and Zumba 2 on the Wii.

Thanks for the motivation everyone! Feel free to add me =]
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well :)
  • AndreaDaPrincess
    AndreaDaPrincess Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If you want to reach a distant goal......its always best to take small steps......
  • AndreaDaPrincess
    AndreaDaPrincess Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good luck....stick with this site, get yourself some encouraging friends, pray everyday...don't be hard on yourself if you take a couple steps back (because you are human just like the rest of us)...just pick yourself up and start fresh.....be patient and don't obsess over the scales.....just watch your clothes loosen up. Wish you the best of luck.
  • gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! That picture was great, and soon you will look back and smile! Please feel free to add me too! I would love to help. :flowerforyou:
  • Jessica_Henry74
    Options
    Well today was day 2 and I stayed under my calories apparently, and I burned a little over 800 calories in exercises. :) My legs are burning already! I guess thats a good sign!